Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to advertise a holiday home / self catering cottage?

Options
  • 06-01-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    my parents are trying to advertise their small cottage that they have here in Mayo which they let on a short term basis. they ususally have it booked 8 weeks or so of the year but wouldn't mind getting a few more bookings.

I have looked at www.cottage4you.co.uk and was recommended www.holiday-rentals.co.uk. its also on daft but we have only ever got 2 bookings over the years.

any recommendations as to a good website for advertising self catering holiday homes would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,355 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I presume they have it on the Bord Failte websites, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Victor wrote: »
    I presume they have it on the Bord Failte websites, etc.
    No, they made a decision in the beginning to not go with Bord failte because of all the red tape. they would have had to charge a whole lot more for it due to the Bord Failte charges and i don't think they would have got that kinda money for the area its in.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

www.ownersdirect.co.uk
    Have only ever used them as a customer, not as an advertiser, but it's a good website IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brehonlodge

i have a holiday rental in Co.Clare and find both
    www.holidaylettings.co.uk and www.holidayhomesdirect.ie to be great. the uk site is great for bringing in uk visitors..... i have 50/50 of my bookings from these sites.

both offer great support packages esp the uk site- i didnt go down failte ireland way either too much tape//

so far for 2010 i have 9weeks..

if u go for uk site please give me a mention//
    adv id:84114

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

many many thanks for all the replies folks. have had a look at them all and am leaning towards initially one of the UK sites and then onto the irish site if we get a few bookings.
    many thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement