Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loans ??

Options
  • 06-01-2010 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Just wondering do banks give loans easily to students? What other places offer loans? Credit union? Anywhere else?

Hoping to go back to college this year and its away from home. If i had some money saved in my local credit union, can i walk into the nearest credit union to the college and get a loan? The college im going to is 4-5 hours on a bus, so i dont think il be going home to apply for loans.

I have a small bit saved in the post office but nowhere near as enough to last me for a whole year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

with the recession slowly dying out, you might have some luck in applying. but honestly, you will need someone to sign with you. maybe one of your parents would be willing, unless you have something to put as collateral.

with the credit union savings, you might be able to get them to help you, but i think its best to go to your local credit union and apply rather than walking into the nearest one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

is there any loan system like in the uk where you can take out the loan for the duration of your course to pay accommodation and expenses etc and pay it back when you finish your degree?

sorry for high jacking the thread btw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey RH no theres no system in place like that here yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Advertisement