Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Garden Pillar Repair

Options
  • 06-01-2010 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Had a bit of an accident with the pillar at the front of the garden in which it got knocked by a car. The pillar is still standing but the base is cracked and slightly turned to the side. Landlord has dropped a quote for repair from a company that seems a little bit high as the whole thing needs to be fully rebuilt. Does anyone know companies who deal with this sort of thing so I can check prices for myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Skylerr wrote: »
    Does anyone know companies who deal with this sort of thing so I can check prices for myself.

A bricklayer

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

Skylerr wrote: »
    Had a bit of an accident with the pillar at the front of the garden in which it got knocked by a car. The pillar is still standing but the base is cracked and slightly turned to the side. Landlord has dropped a quote for repair from a company that seems a little bit high as the whole thing needs to be fully rebuilt. Does anyone know companies who deal with this sort of thing so I can check prices for myself.

if its twisted off at the joint it will need to be rebuilt.
    is it a brick or block pillar and how much does he want to repair it.
    its a small job and should only take a few hours plus the materials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skylerr

Its a brick pillars. Ask 600euro for materials and labour etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I had the same problem years ago, any bricky will sort it out in a couple of hours and you can claim from your house insurance to pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

600 is expensive.how many bricks are in the pier

• Advertisement
Advertisement