Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hafada piercing

Options
  • 06-01-2010 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

anyone know a reptuble place to get this done and price .. friday afternoon ill get it done in the city

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Wildcat in stephen's green will do it for €60.

Snakebite on Abbey St charge €70.

In my experience, these are the two best places to go for them. Can highly recommend wildcat, have had all my piercings done there and they're fantastic. Snakebite also come very highly recommended, many posters on this forum have had good experiences there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

bodyshock - templebar
    wildcat - stephens green and other locations
    snakebite - middle abbey st
    connected (not sure if it's the correct name) - templebar

to name but a few

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Oops, forgot about Bodyshock! It's also a great studio! Can't find prices on their website though, but their phone number is 01-6727602, if you wanted to call ahead and check the price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can vouch for bodyshock. Got my conch done there when it was beside the bank in Temple bar and they were very very nice. And Wildcat in Stephens Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ozzieoz

cheers guys what ring did you use by the way\/

peace out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Things that are nws to google: Hafada piercings.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

My understanding, which is limited both by my lack of hafadas and my gender, is that if you are going to go through with it - you ought to get like three plus.... just what peoples i know have been telling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

as in 3 piercings, or 3mm?

LD 50 wrote: »
    as in 3 piercings, or 3mm?

I meant 3 piercings, but also, i believe it's also kind of thing that benefits from a bit of weight behind it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 UndecidedKris

Whats a hafada piercing? I have 5 piercings myself and i have never heard of the hafada one b4, be nice if some one would tell me??! :o

• Advertisement

it is a surface piercing in the scrotum, often done in a series or "ladder"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 UndecidedKris

hot2def wrote: »
    it is a surface piercing in the scrotum, often done in a series or "ladder"

Thanks, lol why someone would get that done is beyond me. I mean i fainted when i got my nipple pierced.. . .. .can imagine how much thats going to hurt : o

Thanks, lol why someone would get that done is beyond me. I mean i fainted when i got my nipple pierced.. . .. .can imagine how much thats going to hurt : o

I think people often want something like that done because a somewhat weighty ring ( or series....) is likely to move with some momentum during sex.

I don't have a scrotum, but the various gential piercings i have had were much easier than my nipple piercings... i don't think hafadas are a particularly painfull piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

In general Genital piercings go through less flesh than any other. Ears go through more

(await for "maybe for you" jokes)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

MAYBE FOR .... Oh wait...

My PA hurt alot less than I thought it would, and less than my nipple.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think that in general, guys anticipate a lot more pain with genital piercings than there is actually going to be.

Some of the piercings will hurt, a lot, others will be like:
    "Aaa.. wait, that's it? :eek:"

il leave till tomorrow .
    roads to bad to get in to town from tallaght .. id like to see a link if anyone got one of different types of rings .. im thinking a heaverier ring .. thick silver ....she thinks im off my rocker ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

silver is bad.

silver is bad.

The metal, not the color.
    Ozzie, don't get your hopes set on a particular piece of jewellery that you want right now. You might have to get a piece that is more comfortable for the piercing while its healing, and it may be a smaller gauge than you want and you could have to wait to size up.

• Advertisement

well in the end i got a double hafada piercing done and the guys across from the old eamon dorans are frigging exelent really helpfull and friendly .
    .the guy i first met there works there and in the shop in grafton st patrick . american chap ... highly recomend there services...
    ohh the ring i wanted was the one they pierced me with ..
    boots have contact lens cleaner for 2 99. for the healing process by the way

again thanks guys ... im very happy with my purchase lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'd just stick to salt water solution. Don't know what's in contact lense cleaner

You can get cans/bottles of saline for soaking contact lenses in, but the concentration would possibly be a bit too high. If it's contact lens cleaning solution, then it probably has other chemicals in it too.

Ozzieoz I'd really suggest you stick to water that's been boiled and left to cool with pure sea salt added, as per the recommendations in the "Guidelines for healing your piercings" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

I don't think I'd like to be putting contact lense solution in a hole in me lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

ozzieoz wrote: »
    boots have contact lens cleaner for 2 99. for the healing process by the way.

I wouldn't be using contact lens solution on piercings... but I think you are actually meaning sterile saline which can be used for contact lenses. Bottled sterile saline (0.9%) would be suitable for piercings, as it is used in hospitals on wounds. I've used it on my piercings with no bother. :)

NikNakOoo wrote: »
    I wouldn't be using contact lens solution on piercings... but I think you are actually meaning sterile saline which can be used for contact lenses. Bottled sterile saline (0.9%) would be suitable for piercings, as it is used in hospitals on wounds. I've used it on my piercings with no bother. :)

The only problem with that is once you open the bottle, use some and close it again, it's no longer sterile! The longer the bottle lasts, the worse it is. This is why it's better to use freshly boiled and cooled water with a little pure sea salt dissolved in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

True that Damo. But the methods that people use to soak a piercing is not an aseptic technique... therefore so long as one is careful to not contaminate the tip of the bottle, to get bottles that suit their needs (60ml, 350ml) and to discard as per instructions on the bottle, it is a viable option- especially when traveling. But I can totally appreciate that people prefer certain methods. :)

sterile saline yes is regular salt and boiled water ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭smartarse2007

ozzieoz wrote: »
    sterile saline yes is regular salt and boiled water ok?

NOOOOO it isnt

as normal table salt is iodised salt which under goes a chemical process or something so instead of soaking your piercing in a sterile saline solution which is created by the natural sea salt and boiled water you are actually soaking it in a tainted solution which is useless and can cause problems and increase your risk of infection

dont know if that is right but its basically is the jist of why NOT to use normal table salt

• Advertisement
Advertisement