Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joystick problem

Options
  • 06-01-2010 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I just got a saitek cyborg x joystick for Christmas. Nice and solid with a dual throttle one of which is serving as my elevator trim. Anyway. ..

The stick seems to be biased to the left. ie Even on the runway without my hand on it (with no wind) the plane is off the runway to the left before takeoff speed. In the air she just circles happily to the left with any interference. i constantly have to adjust to the right wiith the stick. This only happens when i have autorudder turn off. With autorudder on I am straight as a die down the runway and up in the air.

Is it the stick or is there a realworld flying issue that I am ignorant off. Please help. I am tempted to leave auto rudder on at the moment but it kind of defeats the point of buying a joystick with a rudder function (twist).
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

Did you try calibrating the joystick ?

Seen as their is only a problem when autorudder is off its prob caused by the rudder, Try trimming the rudder.

You should use a small bit of rudder in turns to keep the aircraft's nose pointing in the direction of turn. Take a look at the inclinometer on the turn coordinator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭bugsyboy

Doesn't seem to be an option to calibrate the stick in fsx. It just let's you see the movement and check the buttons respond.
    This did the trick.
    http://www.saitek.com/uk/supp/flighsim.htm

Anyone been able to get the SST software to work. I downloaded the saitek update and it seemed to want to mess with my keyboard and 'magic mouse'. I couldn't get it to see the joystick in the test mode. So I gave up on it and used the FSX control settings. Pity though because i don't know how to link the little scroll wheel to a function. It wd be great fro elevator or rudder trim.

Anyone had this problem with setting up a profile under sst?

Can't believe the difference having a decent joystick makes to the whole fsx experience. especially a lever for elevator trim.

BTW
    Check these out.

http://www.fscene.com/beagle/mission01.html

Don't forget the excellent free orbx tasmania demo and the cool Bob at

http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Don't know how useful this is, but I know that in real world flight on propellor aircraft a small amount of rudder is necessary to compensate for the tendency of the craft to turn in the direction of the prop. I use autorudder cus I have no pedals or anything but I'm new to flight sim and don't know if this may be a cause. Just a thought.

Advertisement