Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prescription ski goggles

Options
  • 06-01-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭

has anyone got prescription ski goggles or sunglasses in ireland before? if so, where, how much and what are they like? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Last October I recieved a pressy of prescription goggles from my better half, http://www.sunglassesforsport.com/uploaded/VC4afb83840668b.JPG this is the insert that fits into them http://www.inland.co.uk/images/p/m/275.jpg You would be able to change the insert into other goggles if necessary. As far as I know she could not buy just the insert.

I will be skiing with them next week, 2 concerns are fogging (I've bought a anti fogging stick on ebay) and the fact they are slightly larger than other goggles I've had.

You are really paying for the inserts, they are transferable.

They were not cheap €180 for mine and €160 for the ones I bought her for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

My cousin is an optician in Ireland. He's sorted me out twice with prescription sunglasses.

In both cases, it was a case of letting me pick what I wanted from the regular sunglasses range (I went for Bolle each time, as it happened), and he then arranged for polarised, prescription lenses to be put in them. Worked a charm.

I still have one set (lost the others), which I use for skiing...although I'm thinking of trying disposable lenses and a pair of goggles for this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

thanks for advice

Advertisement