Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Barebow Championships 2010

Options
  • 06-01-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The National Barebow Championships and NUIG FITA18 will be held in the Kingfisher Sports Complex of NUIG on the 24th of January. All barebows will compete for the National Championship, while all recurves and compounds will compete for medals as normal.

There will be a 60 arrow qualification round in the morning, followed by 12 arrow knockout rounds after lunch. All archers will be guarenteed at least 2 knockout rounds as those archers who lose their first knockout round will be entered into a "plate" competition if they wish.

All barebow archers who register on or before the 17th of January will also be entered into the World Championships and the World Rankings for barebow, previous rankings can be seen at www.barebow.com. If you register after the 17th you can still compete the National Championships, but we won't be able to forward the score to the organisers of the World Champs.

Please send your details to me as soon as you can, but (numbers permitting) you can register right up the the day of the competition for barebow, longbow, recurve or compound. To sign up, please mail (macdarag@gmail.com) or PM me with
    1. Name
    2. Gender
    3. Bow style (Barebow, Longbow, Recurve, Compound)
    4. Junior / Senior
    5. Target preference (3-spot / 40cm)
    6. Any special requirments

There is (should!) be a pdf attached to this post with all the details, but feel free to contact me if you need any more info.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Thanks.icon14.gif

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Hi Panserborn,

I'm just wondering with regard to juniors will FITA's new rules be implemented or is the category only for those under 18 as stated in the attached pdf file?

Thanks,
    Robo_Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Robo_Mike wrote: »
    Hi Panserborn,

I'm just wondering with regard to juniors will FITA's new rules be implemented or is the category only for those under 18 as stated in the attached pdf file?

Thanks,
    Robo_Mike

Oops, forgot about the new rules. Thanks Mike. I'll review and let you know. Whatever the IAAA stance is on the rules is what we will apply, I'll contact them ......

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

A junior will be defined as below according to the IAAA and FITA rulebooks

Please note, this is different to what we have written on the information pdf, apologies!

In the case of cadets, unless there are large numbers we will merge the cadet (U17) category with the junior category.
    2.3.8.2 A Junior is an archer from the 1st day of January of the year in which he turns seventeen (17) until the 31st day of December in the year in which he turns twenty (20) in accordance with the current FITA age definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Thanks Panserborn, looks like another 3 years of junior for me :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement