Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLIS (Masters in Library and Information Studies)

Options
  • 06-01-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about doing this course in UCD starting in September. Could anyone tell me what it's like : is the course load heavy, what are lectures like and the subjects taught. I have my 6 weeks work experience completed and thus far I like the job! Might be a little bored, but seems nice!!! :)

Thanks for your help.

Sara

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 amandakola

I'd like to hear about it too!
    A friend is doing it in Aberdeen [free fees there] and she quite enjoys it. Although to me the course sounds rather boring [cataloging systems, history of information etc] I do think I'd enjoy the job.

Out of interest, were the six weeks experience you got paid? I was thinking about volunteering at my local library for the experience, and since I'm unemployed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

No, Amanda, my work experience wasnt paid. Have you gone to your library yet? My one was brilliant, really helpful. Ask about the Work Placement Programme. It's through FAS and you may be able to get six - nine months in the library while continuing to get your dole. But if your dole has run out or you're not getting any, you wont get paid. Just to let you know that it's an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Hi there,

Just looking for some info on this course, i'm looking to do it next year

Cost will be the issue for me, where is the best place to do it?

Surely the fees in Aberdeen are not free?

What are the options in terms of places to complete this masters? So far i've heard UCD, DBS, Robert Gordon (Aberdeen).

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement