Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeder/Renegades

Options
  • 06-01-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

So one of my all time favourite bands Feeder have semi-renamed themselves (its kind of murky what they are up to) and are releasing a new ep under the new name that hearkens back to the older more angry days.

There's a free download of one of the tracks on their homepage: www.feederweb.com

I quite like it, much better then anything they've put out since comfort in sound apart from one or two tracks on the latest album.

Here's the two released tracks so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭L.T.D

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Sútalún

pljudge321 wrote: »
    I quite like it, much better then anything they've put out since comfort in sound apart from one or two tracks on the latest album.

I thought Pushing the Senses was incredible to be honest.. Still listen to it a lot now. Last album was a bit disappointing. Still some great songs though. Those two, after a few listens, sounds promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Sútalún wrote: »
    I thought Pushing the Senses was incredible to be honest.. Still listen to it a lot now. Last album was a bit disappointing. Still some great songs though. Those two, after a few listens, sounds promising.

Pushing the senses was a truly awful album, terrible cheesy lyrics, a complete departure from their usual sound replacing it with sterile radio friendly guitars, and only ten songs to boot, though maybe that was a good thing.

Silent Cry was a much better album in comparison, it was distinctly feeder again, everything I can think of was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Sútalún

pljudge321 wrote: »
    Pushing the senses was a truly awful album, terrible cheesy lyrics, a complete departure from their usual sound replacing it with sterile radio friendly guitars, and only ten songs to boot, though maybe that was a good thing.

Silent Cry was a much better album in comparison, it was distinctly feeder again, everything I can think of was better.

Look I understand what you're saying. I've listened to all of Feeder's back catalogue extensively. You have to remember that they're line up has changed quite a lot over the years and thus their sound has evolved and changed as well. I much prefer their heavier sound but I still think Pushing the Senses was a great album. A great pop/soft rock album, even if it's not Feeder's usual sound I thought they did a very good job of it. Still a lot better than most of the stuff out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Been a fan since 99. These new batch of songs i find have that feeder 'magical' quality about them. I think Pushing the senses was a continuation of Comfort in Sound. Although Silent Cry was better i just felt that the songs were forced, not saying that it wasnt any good, i just think that the songs on the album were missing something.But that's just my opinion! If you listen to the last EP Seven Sleepers, these new songs are very much in the same vein as Snowblind and Seven Sleepers, which is a good thing!

P.S. Feeder havent renamed themselves, Renegades is a side project with Grant, Taka and Karl Brazil. Whereas Feeder is just Grant and Taka, no definite decisions on a new drummer

• Advertisement

Been a fan since 99. These new batch of songs i find have that feeder 'magical' quality about them. I think Pushing the senses was a continuation of Comfort in Sound. Although Silent Cry was better i just felt that the songs were forced, not saying that it wasnt any good, i just think that the songs on the album were missing something.But that's just my opinion! If you listen to the last EP Seven Sleepers, these new songs are very much in the same vein as Snowblind and Seven Sleepers, which is a good thing!

P.S. Feeder havent renamed themselves, Renegades is a side project with Grant, Taka and Karl Brazil. Whereas Feeder is just Grant and Taka, no definite decisions on a new drummer

Yeah, they haven't really had that magic since comfort in sound, which was a very heartfelt album for Grant, even if it was mostly written before Jon passed away.

Pushing the senses felt like they tried to continue Comfort In Sound like you said, only the edge and the emotion was gone. Silent Cry was them getting the old spark back but maybe reaching slightly too hard for it. Miss you and Sonorous had it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Sentimental is excellent. Riff has been stuck in my head for days.

Here's an interview with Grant

25 tracks written and they are on their own record label.

The old spark definitely seems to be coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

The old spark is coming back???! It only took 7-8 years:D Ive always found their bsides to be better than some of what they have put on the albums!

Pictures of Perfect Youth has some killer tunes on it alright, must actually update my collection. I'm bound to be missing a fair few tracks.

Also I only think the spark died after Comfort in Sound, it just sort of changed and matured as Grant became less angry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement