Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self invested pension

Options
  • 06-01-2010 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Does anyone know do any pension providers in Ireland offer a self invested pension for small investor / saver? Looking to invest approx eur 3000 - 5000 a year into pension and would prefer to administer myself rather than some else making decisions on my behalf.

When someone else is investing your money they charge you wheather goes up or down, which I do not like but what concerens me more is(open to correction on this) if money invested actually makes profit they will only give you a % of the profit.

i.e. I give them eur 100, they invest at end of year they make eur 120 from that money but my pension fund is only eur 110.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

DUBISAK wrote: »
    Does anyone know do any pension providers in Ireland offer a self invested pension for small investor / saver? Looking to invest approx eur 3000 - 5000 a year into pension and would prefer to administer myself rather than some else making decisions on my behalf.

When someone else is investing your money they charge you wheather goes up or down, which I do not like but what concerens me more is(open to correction on this) if money invested actually makes profit they will only give you a % of the profit.

i.e. I give them eur 100, they invest at end of year they make eur 120 from that money but my pension fund is only eur 110.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for -
    http://www.zurichlife.ie/pensions/choice_of_pensions/self_directed_pensions.jsp

Its the one I have and it suits me

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DUBISAK

Tahnsk Whatnext,

Was looking at this soem time ago but was under the impression was solely for directors or people investing larger amount of money annually, at min Eur 20,000 so did not follow up further.

Will give them a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 johnc2212

you're looking for a SIPP which is for sole traders or a SSAP for company directors there are other products for employeess by insured companies which are called self directed

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Manachan

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could clarify this:

- If you have a private pension, will you also receive a pension from the state?

I thought that you would since you make PRSI contributions all your working life. But I was talking to a friend recently and they were adamant that if you have a private pension, you don't receive a state pension. I thought I'd post the question here to clarify.

Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Advertisement