Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed please ( cannot collect dole - sick)

• 06-01-2010 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi All , I have a quick question.
    I currently have the chicken pox .
    I have to sign on tomorrow and collect my social welfare on friday.
    So I cannot so either at the moment.
    Can someone tell me what the procedure is as everyone knows you cannot ring the social welfare,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Hmm- it's an unusual one- I'd actually send someone into the office to explain the situation with you doctor's phone number on it if they want to clarify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

a1guy wrote: »
    Hi All , I have a quick question.
    I currently have the chicken pox .
    I have to sign on tomorrow and collect my social welfare on friday.
    So I cannot so either at the moment.
    Can someone tell me what the procedure is as everyone knows you cannot ring the social welfare,

Cheers

If you can't sign or collect your money, you are viewed as being unavailable for work, so you will need to get a social welfare cert from your doctor and send it into your local office. This will close your Jobseeker's claim and open an Illness Benefit claim unfortunately - you are best to ring them to talk to them about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 a1guy

I would be greatfull if somebody could give me a number of a social welfare office in dublin that will pick up there phone . I wounldn't mind if I was just sick , I would get someone go drive me there and back . but you cannot belived what a 30+ year old male with chicken pox looks like

Advertisement