Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J.S.A reduction

• 06-01-2010 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

i collected jsa today . was getting 80.90 up to christmas..today it was 67.10.i didnt realise budget cuts were so severe. hardly a mistake? any way HAPPY NEW YEAR.........my ar%e:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

ok i could be totally wrong here as i really dont no for sure but that seems to me like thats too much for it to drop by from the cuts....

what week is that payment for? When i got my cheque for christmas week it had 2 days reduced from it so i called to find out why and they told me that its because of christmas day and stephens day... they act as bank holidays so that you dont actually get paid for those days, you have roughly 20 euro reduced which in my case is what they take away when i work a day, so i would guess that this is including a bank holiday , maybe new yrs day? depends on what week the payment is for really, if i was you id call the social welfare office cos thats what i did and they told me straight away the answer

EDIT: I just read your post again and noticed my maths was off there haha but still i didnt think the reduction was going to be that much either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

i collected jsa today . was getting 80.90 up to christmas..today it was 67.10.i didnt realise budget cuts were so severe. hardly a mistake? any way HAPPY NEW YEAR.........my ar%e:pac:

The decrease was 4.1%, bringing people on full JSA of 204.30 down to 195.92 rounded up to Euro 196.00

If all that is deducted from your payment is the 4.1% you would be getting Euro 77.58, probably rounded down to 77.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Breaktown

The same thing happened to me, I'm down around 14% instead of 4%. I'll wait and see what I get next week, in case this is a one off reduction for the bank holidays. If it's the same next week there will be angry letters written....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

rung dole office and finally someone answered,ask about the reduction and the o.p was baffled ,put me on to someone else and they come up with a different figure altogether.....i am now more baffled than ever -along with person in dole office:confused:

Advertisement