Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just took delivery of our brown bin

Options
  • 06-01-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

At last we have our brown bin. My question is the green bags to line the small bin are quite expensive in our local Supervalue €3 odd for 10 bags. Any one have any recommendations for cheaper ones. We don't buy newspapers so can't use that for wrapping the veg peels in. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

The acceptable bags in a brown bin are compostable bags with EN 13432 accreditation.

I'm guessing the relevant bags will have this code on the side? Best idea might be to call your relevant city council and ask brands/suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

We have been advised that we need to use bags which start to decompose within 45 days and as such the bags I have bought to date comply. I had already rang council and they weren't much help. Just looking to find out where anyone else who use the bags buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

are you allowed use newspaper instead of bags? or are bags mandatory????
    if you can use newspaper, then buy a newspaper instead of bags... will be cheaper :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Just looking to find out where anyone else who use the bags buy them.
    Ah right, sorry. As I live in an apartment block, Dublin City Council hasn't deemed me worthy of a brown bin so I'm afraid I can't help.

Advertisement