Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working on the BTEA

Options
  • 06-01-2010 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey i was just wondering how many hours per week can you work if you're the BTEA without it being reduced?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

when i was accepted on the btea, i asked this question.

i was told by the facilitator that "as long as it doesn't interfere with my college timetable, or exams, then im free to take a part time job with no limitations of hours or pay"

i also asked the same when i was accepted for a grant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

when i was accepted on the btea, i asked this question.

i was told by the facilitator that "as long as it doesn't interfere with my college timetable, or exams, then im free to take a part time job with no limitations of hours or pay"

i also asked the same when i was accepted for a grant.

That's good news. Thanks for the reply :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tzkaka

Hi guys,

Looks like i may lose my job in the next few weeks... If i am laid off i want to go back to college and do a degree course, does anyone know how long i have to be unemployed to qualify for the BTEA?

I have heard loads of opinions but no definitive answers... Maybe you guys will know for sure. Anytime i ask the social they change the subject and dont give me a straight answer..

Any help would be appreciated! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Tzkaka wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Looks like i may lose my job in the next few weeks... If i am laid off i want to go back to college and do a degree course, does anyone know how long i have to be unemployed to qualify for the BTEA?

I have heard loads of opinions but no definitive answers... Maybe you guys will know for sure. Anytime i ask the social they change the subject and dont give me a straight answer..

Any help would be appreciated! :confused:

As far as i know it's 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

its usually 9-12 months, but exceptions have been made.

some get it from 6 months, some are refused until they are on for 12 months.

best thing to do is go and make an appointment to see the local facilitator in your social welfare office.
    he/she has the final say wether you will get it or not. they take your application to the powers above and thats it really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tzkaka

its usually 9-12 months, but exceptions have been made.

some get it from 6 months, some are refused until they are on for 12 months.

best thing to do is go and make an appointment to see the local facilitator in your social welfare office.
    he/she has the final say wether you will get it or not. they take your application to the powers above and thats it really.

Cheers for the info guys, i will indeed set up a meeting. I am just worried i suppose that they are against people doing this and that it will go against me...

I also wonder if being accepted to a course before i was made unemployed would go against me?

Thanks again...;)

Advertisement