Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish girl falls from lift in Austria

Options
  • 06-01-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,860 ✭✭✭✭

I really hope they find this couple:
    Irish girl's horror ski lift plunge

By David Rogers

Tyrolean police are looking for a German couple as they try to work out how a 10-year-old girl was seriously injured when she plunged ten metres from a ski-lift.

Horrified skiers watching from the ground had said they had seen the unidentified German pair clinging onto the child and initially they had been praised - but now it has been revealed that the pair had refused to discuss how the lift bar had been raised during the trip and had then fled saying they wanted to enjoy their remaining time on the slopes.

No way did the safety bar lift itself or the girls lift it themselves.

http://austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2010-01-05/19372/Irish_girl%27s_horror_ski_lift_plunge_

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

cnocbui wrote: »
    I really hope they find this couple:

No way did the safety bar lift itself or the girls lift it themselves.

http://austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2010-01-05/19372/Irish_girl%27s_horror_ski_lift_plunge_

Ah, so you were there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

If they are unindentifed, how do they know they are Germans? The Austrains always like to have a dig at the Germans as being cruel and uncaring.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,860 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    If they are unindentifed, how do they know they are Germans? The Austrains always like to have a dig at the Germans as being cruel and uncaring.

Can you tell if someone is from Cork or Connemara by their accent?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I saw some young girl drop from a lift at Coronet Peak last season, was not pleasant to watch. The lift she fell from was pretty vicious anyway the way the bar flew down on you when you sat down then hitting you in the head, but she was hanging from the bottom of the chair for a couple of minutes before she then landed on a flat section of piste below, and right amongst the beginners area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Jebus, poor girl - cracked vertebrae. Looks like she'll make a full recovery though. I have to say I'm always a bit nervous when kids are on with me. Sometimes instructors might nab you and give you a little one to bring up, and I spend the time on the lift hoping that they won't slide out the bottom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭diegowhite

Where in Austria was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

diegowhite wrote: »
    Where in Austria was this?

Westendorf.

Advertisement