Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions for 2010

Options
  • 06-01-2010 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everyone,
    I know you don't have to study everything on the course for the j.c and I wad wondering what ye all predict will come up as I have seen several users saying their predictions were right.
    The subjects I do are
    Irish
    English
    maths
    geography
    history
    business
    religion
    cspe
    music
    science
    French
    German

do you have any suggestions for them especially science and English
    what did your teachers say ?
    Thank you :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Science? Basically everything important is asked. The questions are small though. Prioritise the 'important' chapters when studying. I did that and got a 'B'.

Every English paper is basically the same. Didn't study at all and I got an 'A'. Point, Quote Explain. Learn to do that well, and you'll go far.

Hope that helps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Analeigh

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Science? Basically everything important is asked. The questions are small though. Prioritise the 'important' chapters when studying. I did that and got a 'B'.

Every English paper is basically the same. Didn't study at all and I got an 'A'. Point, Quote Explain. Learn to do that well, and you'll go far.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks a million but what are the most
    impoortant things to learn in sciencE like what should come up like in cape
    we were told to learn global warming as it should come up as it is very topical .. Thanks :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,154 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Topical is kind of relative as the papers will have been set a good while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

Analeigh wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I know you don't have to study everything on the course for the j.c and I wad wondering what ye all predict will come up as I have seen several users saying their predictions were right.
    The subjects I do are
    Irish
    English
    maths
    geography
    history
    business
    religion
    cspe
    music
    science
    French
    German

do you have any suggestions for them especially science and English
    what did your teachers say ?
    Thank you :)

are teacher told us they'll probably be a flooding question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

what about english poems??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

GO'S wrote: »
    are teacher told us they'll probably be a flooding question
    Yeh we were told that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

What chapter/section is flooding under?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

What chapter/section is flooding under?

Mass movement most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

No problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Theus

There'll be a note/message in French according to my teacher.

Revolutions is likely to be a Question 4, Reformation is unlikely to show up in a long question.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,154 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

None of your teachers could possibly have any idea what is coming up on the paper, apart from guessing based on previous papers.

The papers have been set since about last summer, before the floods in Cork, so if flooding comes up, Mystic Meg must be on the team, or it's a coincidence and flooding had not been up in a few years.

If your teachers have been part of the setting process and they are telling people what is coming up, they will never work for the SEC again.

Look at past papers, see what has not come up for a while. By all means cover the topics your teachers seem sure are coming up, but be aware they are just guessing. Cover the course and know what options you can take in different questions and you'll be fine. It's designed as an exam to maximise your success.

The number one reason for a lack of success in every single subject in the Junior Cert. is candidates leaving out questions or parts of questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Gaeilge-go-deo

My teacher said that the internet might come up in Media Studies because its the only form they never asked ?:S

And ya french seems to be every second year with the postcard or note

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

spurious wrote: »
    None of your teachers could possibly have any idea what is coming up on the paper, apart from guessing based on previous papers.

The papers have been set since about last summer, before the floods in Cork, so if flooding comes up, Mystic Meg must be on the team, or it's a coincidence and flooding had not been up in a few years.

If your teachers have been part of the setting process and they are telling people what is coming up, they will never work for the SEC again.

Look at past papers, see what has not come up for a while. By all means cover the topics your teachers seem sure are coming up, but be aware they are just guessing. Cover the course and know what options you can take in different questions and you'll be fine. It's designed as an exam to maximise your success.

The number one reason for a lack of success in every single subject in the Junior Cert. is candidates leaving out questions or parts of questions.

We were told they're finalized in October/November and they would be topical (ie: If Ireland made the World Cup, you could expect a WC-related comprehension in Irish./Floods in Southwest and West Ireland) etc.
    But if it's written in Summer, it wouldn't be as topical (wouldn't know about WC qualification or floods)

You're right, the last minute adjustments and checks would be made later in the year, but the papers are set since about July/August. It would be unlikely a whole question would be pulled just to fit in something topical at the editing stage, but it's not impossible.

Advertisement