Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Djm 700

Options
  • 06-01-2010 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey,my aunt from america came over and had bought me a djm 700 over there for christmas! So, obviously it has an american plug and is 110v. I bought an adaptor from argos today. You know the ones which go into our sockets and has the american plug aswell? Anyway i plugged it in and the lights flashed then it turned off,it said on the adaptor ''make sure your appliance is compatible with a 250v power supply'' Please help!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Isaac wrote: »
    Hey,my aunt from america came over and had bought me a djm 700 over there for christmas! So, obviously it has an american plug and is 110v. I bought an adaptor from argos today. You know the ones which go into our sockets and has the american plug aswell? Anyway i plugged it in and the lights flashed then it turned off,it said on the adaptor ''make sure your appliance is compatible with a 250v power supply'' Please help!:(

There should be a little switch on the back to make it 220v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Isaac

Sorry for doubting you but could you please show me where? http://www.skratchworx.com/images/Pioneer/djm700/djm700_back.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Can't see a switch, but I'm sure you can find a 220v to 250v transformer somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

My decks and mixer came from america, got a converter and american plug combo for €25 a piece in a local electrical store. Probably better off and not risk burning anything out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

jesus thats a good auntie. i think i got e50 which still hasnt been deposited into my account :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭electro-shocks

You will need to get a stepdown transformer, Those universal travel power adapters don't usually alter the voltages so be VERY careful. You wouldn't want to burn out your new baby

Alright thanks,but im afraid i might have burned it out because i plugged it into the converter already! :confused: Im going to bring it to maplins today to get them to have a look at it they said they'd know if its broken :S

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Isaac wrote: »

This could mean it protected itself, or it could mean you blew it.

I hope it protected itself! :o

Advertisement