Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some one is on my eircom connection

Options
  • 06-01-2010 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway I can get into there computer while they are connected to my router?

i would like to find out who it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Is there anyway I can get into there computer while they are connected to my router?

i would like to find out who it is?

Just because they are hacking into your eircom connection, does not make it legal for you to hack back.

But your router should give you the Mac and IP address of any computer connected to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

It's cool now, i blocked his MAC address. Still i should be able to get into his PC, its only fair.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Blocked a MAC address ? LOL

change the default password wireless password on the router first
    change from WEP to WPA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

I will lay a bet that you are still using the eircom supplied SSID and password. Other user could be on his iphone and using a simple app to crack the code and he is in. Takes 3 seconds to download and another 2 to work.

As poster above said, change your security to WPA and most important change the password.

Advertisement