Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beavers/cubs/scouts are they all mixed?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,
    My daughter was a Ladybird which was girls only and is now a brownie which is girls only, when I was looking for a beaver pack for my son it seems to be all mixed and the same for cubs and scouts? When I was involved it used to be clearly divided with Beavers/Cubs and Scouts for boys and Brownies Guides for girls, it seems to be the same now for girls but has it changed for the boys side?
    Is this the same for all Scout packs as a general rule?

Thanks for any info

Cheerilee

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Pretty sure most are mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

there are a few still not mixed, where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

We are in Dublin 16

Thanks

Cheerilee

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Most are mixed and should be IMO.

47th Ballybrack had first female scout in the country if the rumours are to be believed.

It would be (slightly) more likely for ex CSI troops to be single sex I reckon rather than the more liberal SAI side

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Unless a section has never had girls apply or has trouble finding female leaders, then realistically they should be mixed at this stage. I haven't seen any boys only groups in years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement