Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeltacht Summer Courses

Options
  • 05-01-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I am trying to find a good Irish Summer college for my 16 year old son. He wants to enjoy himself but the main objective is to learn Irish. He can find other ways to enjoy himself so if he goes wants to be confident that he is not wasting his time.

He has looked at Colaiste Direain on the Aran Islands.

Anybody got any experince of this or other colleges, please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I was there for three years in the 1990s. It was great craic and I made heaps of friends. It's a wonderful location too, so beautiful. They are really strict and don't allow English to be spoken at all, three strikes and you're out. A couple of people were sent home during my time there for persistant use of English. I got a B in higher level Junior Cert and B1 in higher level Leaving Cert, I put a lot of this down to CoD. Where ever he goes I hope he has a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pure Top

Go raibh maith agat

Advertisement