Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Christian Mystic storys.

Options
  • 05-01-2010 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, What are the most popular funniest/serious Christian mystic storys you've heard that taught you how to live better the Christian path in life?

One time our parish priest told us this story from the pulpit, he said he was having dinner with a protestant bishop from Canada, and the bishop told him this really cool story.

One day in a little village of northen wintry Canada a little church was positioned on a hill, the vicar said on sunday that he wanted everyone to try and make it to weekday morning prayer with him and every morning the Bell would ring out for morning prayer ...*Bong....Bong....Bong* yet much to the vicars dissapointment nobody from the village showed up.

the next morning the Bell would ring out again...*Bong....Bong.....Bong,
    and the next morning too, it went on for a whole week and still nobody showed. One morning, whilst the vicar took out his prayer book he heard the door of the church creaking open, he didnt look behind him but heard the footsteps getting closer and closer, a really big and rough man picked up a prayer book and sat next to him, he looked at the vicar and busted into tears.

It turned out that his wife and child had died and he was on his way to a nearbylake to kill himself, and as he was on his way there, in the distance on the hill he heard the faint sound of *Bong....Bong....Bong*

interesting story isnt it?

God bless and take care.
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

Hi Folks, What are the most popular funniest/serious Christian mystic storys you've heard that taught you how to live better the Christian path in life?

One time our parish priest told us this story from the pulpit, he said he was having dinner with a protestant bishop from Canada, and the bishop told him this really cool story.

One day in a little village of northen wintry Canada a little church was positioned on a hill, the vicar said on sunday that he wanted everyone to try and make it to weekday morning prayer with him and every morning the Bell would ring out for morning prayer ...*Bong....Bong....Bong* yet much to the vicars dissapointment nobody from the village showed up.

the next morning the Bell would ring out again...*Bong....Bong.....Bong,
    and the next morning too, it went on for a whole week and still nobody showed. One morning, whilst the vicar took out his prayer book he heard the door of the church creaking open, he didnt look behind him but heard the footsteps getting closer and closer, a really big and rough man picked up a prayer book and sat next to him, he looked at the vicar and busted into tears.

It turned out that his wife and child had died and he was on his way to a nearbylake to kill himself, and as he was on his way there, in the distance on the hill he heard the faint sound of *Bong....Bong....Bong*

interesting story isnt it?

God bless and take care.
    Stephen

Um, OK, but what, precisely, does that have to do with Christian mysticism, ala Meister Eckhardt, Hildegaard von Bingen, St. John of the Cross, etc...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Mjollnir wrote: »
    Um, OK, but what, precisely, does that have to do with Christian mysticism, ala Meister Eckhardt, Hildegaard von Bingen, St. John of the Cross, etc...?

I suppose what I meant to say was mystical stories, and you thought I was referring to the mystics of the church, but thats ok you can still give stories of both.

the above story indicates a mystical happening where God intervened and stopped this man from commiting the grievous sin of suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 germanus

Regarding stories of Mystics my favorite is how in Sept 1900, a sinner was miraculously converted through the prayer of St Gemma Galgani while she was in ecstasy. This amazing true story can be read here:
    http://www.stgemmagalgani.com/2008/10/st-gemma-pleads-for-sinner-and-obtains.html

Also, the little stories of the Mystic Cecy Cony (1900-1939) in regards to her guardian Angel are very amazing and inspiring. There is a bunch of these short little stories in the article here:
    http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2009/11/sr-maria-antonia-under-angel-wings.html

I just became a member here and I am enjoying the posts....
    Best wishes to all!
    Germanus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

germanus wrote: »
    Regarding stories of Mystics my favorite is how in Sept 1900, a sinner was miraculously converted through the prayer of St Gemma Galgani while she was in ecstasy. This amazing true story can be read here:
    http://www.stgemmagalgani.com/2008/10/st-gemma-pleads-for-sinner-and-obtains.html

Also, the little stories of the Mystic Cecy Cony (1900-1939) in regards to her guardian Angel are very amazing and inspiring. There is a bunch of these short little stories in the article here:
    http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2009/11/sr-maria-antonia-under-angel-wings.html

I just became a member here and I am enjoying the posts....
    Best wishes to all!
    Germanus

Then it is my honor to quote your first post. You are most welcome here :D

Advertisement