Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain horse boots

Options
  • 05-01-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i got myself a pair of mountain horse fushion winter boots,was just wondering does anyone who has mh boots use the scs3 stirrup treads?? And do you find them anyway helpful at all??? Im forever losing an iron or my foot goes to far forward in the stirrup,so il try anything to put this right:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bellemz

I don't use the boots, though I have heard they're great at keeping your feet toasty.

As for losing your stirrup, have you tried cheesegrater treads? My foot doesn't budge in those. Also make sure your irons are the correct size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jerald001

Mountain boots are one of the best boots that you can use to keep your feet warm. They are available in almost any size and can be bought from your local store or from the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

do you work for mh jerald001??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Bellemz wrote: »
    I don't use the boots, though I have heard they're great at keeping your feet toasty.

As for losing your stirrup, have you tried cheesegrater treads? My foot doesn't budge in those. Also make sure your irons are the correct size.

I got a pair of these and find them superb, far easier to keep my foot position especially when jumping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ADDON

Keep your feet warm???? Not in my experience.

And as for those stirrup treads...... Not Worth a Sh!te !!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Only thing I have found to keep my feet warm 8+hours in a yard are Muck Boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

I wonder would those cheesegrater treads help my feet from losing their grip in the stirrup??? Might be worth buying yeah?

I had a pair of the old style rubber grip metal stirrups and found it hard starting riding because I coudnt get enough weight through my leg so kept losing a stirrup but after getting the cheese grater type found them much better even from the lighter weight of the new stirrup

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Same here I got those lightweight black cheesegrater stirrups abt 2yrs ago, they great, funny that they light, you think it would fly off your foot.
    But it really work. Great for hunting/cross county.

Advertisement