Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Might not get that timecard this month.

Options
  • 05-01-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

I've been having a serious amount of fun on Wow of late gearing up for whatever might come my way in the line of raids or new HC's. Ive been reading up on tactics and hit caps and proper gemming etc, only to find that the community are a bunch of right old *****, well to an extent. The ninjaing and the "needing for offspec" when clearly theres a MS need really grind my gears.

Only recently I was presented with a Tyrannical Beheader drop in POS or wherever it drops from. The tank, quite knowingly, after calling everyone noobs through the whole dungeon rolls a need after mine. I call him on it and he says nothing. Luckily someone else spotted it and didn't roll, waited for him to ask "wheres the axe" and then initiated a vote to boot him from the group. He got kicked and I won the roll after that nice person passed or greeded. This was Christmas day. But thats not my main problem, every game has its fair share of complete dickheads.

After all this gearing, fixing my hit cap and grinding emblems, i find myself doing weeklies for Frosts. These are easy to get into and theres none of this achieve bullcrap that there would have been if it wasn't a weekly- for some bizarre reason. Thats fine, I've done two of them already. I made up applications for guilds after my old small raiding guild was disbanded. One was denied for "low gear" and enchants (other succesful applicants had blue gear whereas I didn't), and one is pending.

Ok so now I have decent gear and half decent rotation and DPS.
    "/2 Starting ToTc 25man meet in middle of dala for gear check"
    I go to dala and poke this guy after a while of waiting, he inspects and then asks me if I have achieve. I of course take offense to this and say "Nm then" and piss off. This aspect of the game really, really grinds my gears. Its somewhat like saying "LFM for [Level 80], must be lvl 77-79, link achieve plz".

The only time it really should be necessary to ask for "achieve" is when its a tank, and even then HOW the hell is he supposed to do it in the first place? And even a tank could have Dps'ed the raid with his mates and have no clue whats expected when it came to tanktics. Its elitism, and its completely ruining the game, and my experience of it. Any ejit can download gearscore and mouseover a few guys before starting the raid, any ejit could have macros or an addon that toots tacts before a boss. Also any ejjit can have an addon that fakes "achieves".

Oh, find a guild or a few mates and raid with them you say? Well, guilds are sometimes hard to find or get into from what I've seen. My current guild is only a startup and has feck all members with original promises of weekly raids. And my mates, the reason I'm in this realm, don't seem to WoW with each other or myself.

So now I am trying to think of a reason why I should purchase another time-card for endgame progression, when clearly there is none to be made after
    HC's. I have deadly boss mods, I know not to stand around in an AoE, I know to run away when it says "run away" or stop dps when it says "stop dps"! Clearly its all about who you know, what guild you are in for your alts or how many of your mates are playing in your realm. I'd love to grind the frost DK set before Catajism comes out I really would, but whats the ****ing point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Well pugs can be cruel, but i understand why they are prejudice, and its more than the tank that needs experience, dead dps = fail, and you would be suprised at how many people fail at toc etc even when they have the achieve.

In regards to getting into a guild, its best you go for one that isnt too picky about your gems/enchants. Once you get the achieves for the said raids etc your set and wont have a problem getting into pugs/higher guilds...

I know it can seem unfair when untested, but you gotta put in the work and get the experience. Know your class put in the work on your gems/enchants, when applying say you have done such and such before on your old main on a diff server, let them know you know your ****. Think of it as a job interview :P

Once your in, your sorted pretty much..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Lol, I pretty much invalidated my argument to an extent, just got into 25 man Totc. We will see how this goes. Melee Dps trinkeh is "reserved".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Reserved loot... LOL

Masterlooter ninja'd a Boe cape. Loads leaving, suppose ill stay to get the achievement. Group rolling too. This is ****ing pathetic.
    Thats that over with, everyone left. On the flip side though, I enjoyed that if it wasn't for "dat ass", I became almost robotic after a while, all I could see was a bunch of colours. Downed Jaxx.

So back to my original point? Do any of you guys do the "link achieve" when starting raids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Masterlooter ninja'd a Boe cape. Loads leaving, suppose ill stay to get the achievement. Group rolling too. This is ****ing pathetic.

So quit it and stop moaning about it. That's exactly what a pug is, a joke. Unless you get into a "pug" that has been organised by a reputable guild. Looking for advice and guidance can help you, moaning won't... ;)

I never ask for achievements, for whatever instance/raid it is. They are not needed. You do, however, need to have a decent gear set. Depending on the raid and the people I have in the raid, the last few I won't bother inspecting at all. We took some fresh level 80 players with green/blue gear to naxx. People bitched and whined, looking for everyone to have full epic gear. I normally kick those people bitching and whining...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,006 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you can get some great pugging going, its just uncommon.

So quit it and stop moaning about it. That's exactly what a pug is, a joke. Unless you get into a "pug" that has been organised by a reputable guild. Looking for advice and guidance can help you, moaning won't... ;)

I never ask for achievements, for whatever instance/raid it is. They are not needed. You do, however, need to have a decent gear set. Depending on the raid and the people I have in the raid, the last few I won't bother inspecting at all. We took some fresh level 80 players with green/blue gear to naxx. People bitched and whined, looking for everyone to have full epic gear. I normally kick those people bitching and whining...
    Good man, those are fine traits that I haven't really seen. I was moaning about it because after writing my OP, I got in and it was all reinforced. I find it hard to believe that this goes on so much. Card runs out tomorrow, so I'm probably going to leave it a while now, wont be getting into a guild before then.

My armory, for whoever s interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

^This. If your going to pug raids then be sure your organising and leading them. Try and pick a regular weekly time and you will find others like yourself who need to pug. Add them to your friends list and before long it will be easy street. Gratz on doing the hard work by pugging to gear up. If you decide to come back then step up and lead some raids and take the game to the next level. Once you get out ahead of the pack its alot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I guess getting into a guild can be harder for a DK.. but ur not doing yourself any favors by having unenchanted gear. If you dont have the rep for the head/shoulder enchant, get hte pvp ones from wg, your bound to have some shards.

Aye forgot about those enchants, done now. Got myself into another startup with a guild. Leaders moved over to Alliance from horde. Imba gear, getting "boosted" through ICC later. My DPS will be minuscule and mah e-peenor will shrivel!

• Advertisement
Advertisement