Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talented Musician Wanted For 2 Piece Cover Band

Options
  • 05-01-2010 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hello
    I'm currently starting a new cover band. I've been playing music as my full time job for the last three years. I've plenty of experience with pub gigs, weddings, functions and cruise ships.
    Basically I'm starting my own band because I've been working for other musicians all the time and I'm ready to be my own boss. I'll be starting it as a two piece, using backing tracks. Once that takes off I'd like to have the option of a third member, a female singer. I've found this setup works very well for weddings and it gives the band a larger range of songs.
    The reason I'm only interested in a two piece is with the current economic climate, pubs and hotels just aren't hiring bigger bands unless they are very well established.
    So I'm currently looking for a partner in crime, I have a low voice so someone with a high voice would be ideal. You'd need to be great at harmonies and have a great stage presence. I'd like someone that is good at several instruments, it always looks well on stage, guitar, keyboard and saxophone would be perfect but I'm open to ideas. I usually play Guitar, double bass and trombone, but I have more instruments I bring if its a bigger stage.
    I'm in the process of buying an excellent rig and a band van. I have some major hotels and pub chains already asking me for gigs so I'll want to get this off the ground as soon as I can. I'm based north of dublin.
    Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 CormacBass

Thanks for all the nice mails so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Dammit I'd love to give that a shot. Looks like it would require a whole lotta commitment though that I just don't have with my current "working-every-weekend" job :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pretentiouslad

Hey, I reckon I'm the man you want, I have a relatively high voice and I play guitar, violin, bass and basic enough keyboard. I'm unemplyed at the minute so I have plenty of free time and to be honest this would be a great earner. Get back to me if you're interested.

Advertisement