Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing/postponing a 1st yr exam?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

(In short) booked a flights to Edinburgh , just found out it clashes with an exam, chances of being allowed to sit it another day?
    ( to book a new flight will cost upwards of 70euro so i either don't go or miss the exam:( )

..in 1st yr...30ppl in my class...slim i know but, opinions ..anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Eh, I don't mean to be rude, but obviously you sit an exam unless you have very good reason not to i.e. illness, death of a family member and so on.

Try and get a refund on your flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

Not only am I going to sit the exam but I shall give it a run for it's money ;)

refund for flights? with ryanir..er no. you win this time Ryanair!:rolleyes:

(thanks for your help with my ridiculous question though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Cross your fingers and hope that the timetable is nice so that you don't have exams around then/on them days

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

You can get your tax back for unused flights from ryan air but they charge a fee for it

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

well the flight was arriving in dublin at 9:15, exam's at 10, ergo not happening.

i'll look into the tax refund, if only to hassle them with it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

So long as you ony have carry on luggage and are willing ti get a taxi id say its very doable. Ryanair flights usually in bfore the time they say anyway so you quickly exit plane, get from peir d to passport control, get outside and jump in first taxi, you could be in college for 9.50 me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 emc100

I'm pretty sure you're allowed to enter an exam up to half an hour late, after that its at the discretion of the examinations office but unless someone has left the exam early you can usually enter as late as you like. If your flight gets in at 9.15 and the exam isn't until 10 you should be fine get there on time and even if your a little late it would be no big deal, if it were me I'd definitley go for it.

Advertisement