Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low profile helmets

Options
  • 05-01-2010 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I looking at getting a helmet for this years boarding,
    I have a pair of Anon Hawkeyes so i was thinking of getting a Red Helmet as the two are compatable..I have tried on the Red Prime, comfortable yes, light yes, but with my big noggin I would look like a bobble head heading down the slope..
    As I have never worn a helmet before I presume some of the other models have a lower profile, can any one recommend anything for me,
    Thanks
    O.

(I know I should go to a store to try before I buy but the next time I will be in dublin I'll be waiting on my ryan air flight to grenoble.. And to get it in resort seems to be more expensive.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

I went shopping for a helmet with my bf in Belfast recently and was surprised by how hard it was to get one to fit. We even had our heads measured in the shop. I tried on a nice Bolle one but it didn't fit correctly so ended up going with a Salomon Ranger. My bf told me before we went he'd have trouble cos he has a large sized head. I didn't realise how much trouble he'd have until he tried on a few. It seemed nothing would fit him. Some helmets wouldn't go on and some when on gave the bobble head effect. In the end he found one that fit him, Salomon Ranger which was the one that fit me.

Not sure if I'd risk buying one without trying it especially after my experience.

Advertisement