Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is BTEA paid for the full year?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

A woman I know told me the BTEA comes like the dole every week and then you get a lump sum and that is all you get.
    I'm getting the BTEA and have gotten money every week and a lump sum.
    Is this how the BTEA works? I assumed it was for the full college year.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is this how the BTEA works?
    All the information to answer your question is at www.welfare.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

fifomania wrote: »
    A woman I know told me the BTEA comes like the dole every week and then you get a lump sum and that is all you get.
    I'm getting the BTEA and have gotten money every week and a lump sum.
    Is this how the BTEA works? I assumed it was for the full college year.
    Thanks

can you elaborate a bit further?

on the BTEA scheme from the beginning of the college year in september 2009 you would have been recieving €204.30 per week.
    when the budget came out, the payment's were slightly decreased.

you should now be recieving €196.00 per week.

the lump sum is the "book allowance" of €500.00 which is paid roughly 1 - 2 months after you begin your course and prove you are attending.

so basically you should recieve 500 lump sum at the start of the college year.
    and €196.00 every week until you finish for the summer.

you are then entitled to sign onto job seeker's allowance, or find a job for the summer. when you start college again, you contact the social welfare department, and inform them you are back in college, and they will begin the BTEA payment's again.

Advertisement