Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mir Vs Carwin @ UFC 111 for Interim belt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

calex71 wrote: »
    http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=37727

A fight I am very happy to see :)

Edit: Oh and GSP is fighting some punk too :D
    the edit joke is funnier when you actually edit the post :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

the edit joke is funnier when you actually edit the post :P

I did but obviously edited too soon for it to show it show up as an edit :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

read this earlier, yehaw! 2 title fights in 1 night!

Although cant help but think this is v.bad news for Lesnar. Didn't Dana White say very recently(like month ago) that he hates interim titles and that there would not be an interim UFC title until they were positive Lesnar would be out for a long long time? Then rumours floating about that there is some sort of announcment this week about Lesnar :confused:

Personally, I don't like Lesnar, but hope he's in no serious trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

Devastator wrote: »

Personally, I don't like Lesnar, but hope he's in no serious trouble

I Hate lesnar, but i agree, id rather see him come back and eventually beatin than go out like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

I dont really see the point of Interim belts,there'll be news on Lesnar in the next week, if the likelyhood is that he's out for a long time , just strip him of the belt, if he's back in three months just call Mir V Carwin the no.1 contender fight, the winner facing Lesnar. Interim belts are a nonsense. Mir V Carwin is a good enough fight without trying to put a phoney ' sorta/kinda of champion ' belt up for grabs.

Mir to win btw:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Presuming Mir wins this fight and gets the interim title again, If he never get's to fight lesnar again that is gonna be one hell of a monkey on his back for the rest of his career.

It's strange that there has been no announcement about Lesnar's health yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

ScottStorm wrote: »
    Presuming Mir wins this fight and gets the interim title again, If he never get's to fight lesnar again that is gonna be one hell of a monkey on his back for the rest of his career.

It's strange that there has been no announcement about Lesnar's health yet.

I totally agree wit you, Mir has to redeem himself against lesnar, id say mir would take carwin, but i cant see him beating lesnar unless the rumours are true and brock lost a **** load of his muscle mass.Then he also has to contend with ring rust ect..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ernieb

Velasquez and AKA must be pretty pi55ed at this call.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

All going well ill be there, Alves v Fitch as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

One thing the Interim does is make this a 5 rounder but the chances of it going 5 would be slim imo. Should be a great night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement