Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish MMA forum

Options
  • 04-01-2010 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hey.
    Theres been a new forum set up on the Cage Warriors website to advertise Irish shows,clubs and fighters to UK and European promotions.

http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57

I think its a good way to try and get our fighters on the shows over the water. So get on there and get the word out!
    Thought id let you guys know.

Marty

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dont you think thats just a touch disrespectful to us here in Boards?? If I was a coach I wouldnt go into another gym to tell the fighters about this other gym down the road...

meh, whatever, I wish you well I just think its a bit out of line.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I think in fairness that Marty has set this up as it's on Cagewarriors that a lot of European gyms, promoters check most. It's not to replace this forum just to add a bit of extra international coverage for our domestic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

DeVore wrote: »
    Dont you think thats just a touch disrespectful to us here in Boards?? If I was a coach I wouldnt go into another gym to tell the fighters about this other gym down the road...

DeV.

It wasnt a problem when fight.ie, which the lads heavily pushed the MMA forum on were doing the same a few weeks back.

Infact you said,
    Hey good luck with this! Any chance you could link Boards up?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Dancor wrote: »
    It wasnt a problem when fight.ie, which the lads heavily pushed the MMA forum on were doing the same a few weeks back.

Infact you said,

Fight.ie is slightly more than a message forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

DeV.

Only on Boards.ie will you get a response like this when your trying to help.:(

As Barry said above Cage Warriors is used by all the Major UK and European promotions and is owned by CWUSA. Who Greg Loughran has fought for in the past. Not everyone has the same contacts as the bigger clubs in the country so perhaps this mini forum can help that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 lawrenceSummer

Only on Boards.ie will you get a response like this when your trying to help.:(

As Barry said above Cage Warriors is used by all the Major UK and European promotions and is owned by CWUSA. Who Greg Loughran has fought for in the past. Not everyone has the same contacts as the bigger clubs in the country so perhaps this mini forum can help that.

another day you would get banned for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭juijitsu black

Has common sence gone out the window on this one or what?:mad:

Marty, as far as I see was obviously just trying to help Fighters on this Island off ours. And fair play man :).

This is exactly why Irish MMA is not truly Professional, because when someone trys to do somthing for the good off all Irish fighters, someone else gives them S***. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Yeah this seems a bit of a nonsense. Marty was only trying to help people out.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Excuse me, you might not be aware but I am more then just a user of Boards, I founded and am a director of it, so its a touch more personal when someone comes in and says "hey everyone come over to our place" without so much as a frakin link back.

That was my subtle point to fight.ie too... its all one way... a little respect and some return links wouldnt kill either of ye.

Bah, I'm just cranky is all, I do wish any new venture well, I'm a fight fan too, its just the lack of respect that sticks in the craw. :(

DeV.

Excuse me, you might not be aware but I am more then just a user of Boards, I founded and am a director of it, so its a touch more personal when someone comes in and says "hey everyone come over to our place" without so much as a frakin link back.

That was my subtle point to fight.ie too... its all one way... a little respect and some return links wouldnt kill either of ye.

Bah, I'm just cranky is all, I do wish any new venture well, I'm a fight fan too, its just the lack of respect that sticks in the craw. :(

DeV.

I never put this up here to make people use it rather than here. Just for clubs to put there Clubs, Shows and Fighters out there. At the end of the day the majority of people that use these boards dont post anywhere else but here. There comfortable here. Thats cool i dont really care.
    Also i will be starting a thread to local forums on it aswell just havnt bothered yet.
    And i do know who you are DeV and congratulations on what you have achieved here but you really shouldnt take it all so personal.

• Advertisement

at 4am with insomnia I'm not the easiest going but my cranky point stands. (I'm just a bit tetchy without sleep.)

My point about founding the site was to the people above who seem to think I'm a frakin charity.

DeV.

edit: Apologies Marty, I thought it was your own site you were pushing, just realised its not. My bad, its the insomnia... :(
    If people felt a forum here for club organisers/fight promoters etc would be useful, we could create a sub forum if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Its good Ireland is getting reconised now as it was joined in with the general European section before.

Its a great idea.

Its a good way for fighters to progress and also promotes cross water relationships which will in turn strengthen MMA as a whole.

The whole disrspect thing seems to be down to a misunderstanding but on that note Irish MMA would be alot stronger if we stopped trying to pick faults in things and supported each other and the sport,

Peace
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Fight.ie is slightly more than a message forum.
    Thanks Sid..... www.fight.ie is a whole site for Irish MMA. Our forum is only a very small part of it..

Boards.ie is and no doubt will remain the largest forum for Irish MMA. When DeV asked me last week about linking up we contacted him to ask in wot way would he like to do that, I am looking forward to seeing how we can best link up!!!

at 4am with insomnia I'm not the easiest going but my cranky point stands. (I'm just a bit tetchy without sleep.)

My point about founding the site was to the people above who seem to think I'm a frakin charity.

DeV.

edit: Apologies Marty, I thought it was your own site you were pushing, just realised its not. My bad, its the insomnia... :(
    If people felt a forum here for club organisers/fight promoters etc would be useful, we could create a sub forum if that helps.

Apology accepted DeV i get where you were coming from. As you say its not my site they just asked me to Mod it. I dont think another sub forum is necessary as this MMA one does everything the local promoters need from it.
    Oh and get some sleep man!:)
    Marty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭juijitsu black

DeV.

Lol, Great reply Mr DeV, Yes I did know who you are, but was just being honest. I dont think you have anything to worry about with the boards, This one is by far the most popular as most other boards have hardly any posts anymore, ,,,,,,, ah sorry, I had to wipe the brown of my nose there, LOL:D, Naw, but seriously, Best board around!!!!!:cool:

Advertisement