Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dana White heckled after press conference

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

roo1981 wrote: »
    http://www.mmamania.com/2010/1/3/1231355/boxing-legend-james-toney-heckles

So how do you think Toney would do if he made it to the UFC? Possible new opponent for Kimbo?

This acticle was written after this happened

Toney has already said he wants to fight MMA because he's not pulling in the big paydays anymore in Boxing, his heart isnt going to be in it really is it?

I've always actually liked James Toney. I wouldnt be excited about seeing him in the UFC but Dana knows if he can hype up a fight between (a) Heavyweight Champion boxer and, well, anyone then he can bring in more fans. And a lot more boxing fans.

And he can also prove a point if the guy he chooses to fight Toney has good grappling and can make him look bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I hope he wears one glove:

royce.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

great match up for kimbo, could be a headliner, id pay 2 see it anyway!:)

rovert wrote: »
    I hope he wears one glove:

royce.jpg

LOL

That was Gracies first fight wasnt it, the guy who tapped BEFORE (the rear nakes choke?) the submission was locked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

if Kimbo stands with him then he's dead!

he'll wrestle though..

Toney is talented but lazy and an under achiever and lacks effort and determination

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

LOL

That was Gracies first fight wasnt it, the guy who tapped BEFORE (the rear nakes choke?) the submission was locked :D
    I thought he tapped from a mount :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Royce breaks it down:

Gold star to Ultimate Chin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Can't see this happening. Toney will almost certainly want more money than the UFC are willing to give him and he's not likely to beat anyone who isn't willing to stand with him.
    To be fair to Toney though, if he is serious, fair play to him. I think he still has more money to make in boxing than he would in mma and he'd have to work much harder for it in mma. One the other hand, during the heckling, he sounded like he's already taken a few too many punches so maybe he hasn't really thought things through.

Either way, I'd like to see someone who was a top level boxer and isn't too far past his prime in the UFC and Toney does fit the bill (though he's definitely past his best).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

1. James Toney is not a heavyweight. He's a fat welter.
    2. Did he have a prime? What a young talent, but to say he is past his prime implies he made anything of his obvious talent.
    3. He'll get beat.

Advertisement