Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dara O'Briain

Options
  • 04-01-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭

Lucky me - my wife has bought me some tickets to see Dara O'Briain on Sun the 28th Feb in the INEC in Killarney. Ive seen him on the telly before and thought he was very funny. Has anybody seen him live, and if so, any feedback on how funny/good the show was?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ashiell

Lucky you banjobongo, I'm after tickets and they appear to have all gone. Its my girl friends birthday that day. Anybody got any tickets for Sun the 28th Feb in the INEC in Killarney that they want to sell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I was just at the show in Vicar St. Absolutely legendary, great show, you'll have a ball, just don't sit in the front row!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

I have the DVDs and I'm just wondering is the picking a "random" person out from the crowd rehearsed cos they're always men and they always take it well? I'd cry or run out screaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

He's no Kathrine Lynch though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I was just at the show in Vicar St. Absolutely legendary, great show, you'll have a ball, just don't sit in the front row!

crap. I'm going tonight and we're sitting practially ON the mic. stand :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I have the DVDs and I'm just wondering is the picking a "random" person out from the crowd rehearsed cos they're always men and they always take it well? I'd cry or run out screaming!

he does it fairly randomly but the time i saw him he explained that he doesnt ask the women incase they feel uncomfortable with the giant bald man talking to them, so its always guys and it is random from then on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

I saw him in Vicar street last night. He bantered with the crowd for the first hour and then got down to the scripted stuff for the second half. He was pretty funny but i'd built it up so much i felt a bit let down straight after. Won't take it away from him though cause in retrospect he was pretty hilarious.

On another note...ended up sitting behind one guy who had giant hair and his girlfriend who had an unfortunate B.O. problem. Next time i'll sit upstairs...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

saw Dara last night I'm a big fan and was not disappointed literally in stitches laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Going to Vicar Street tomorrow night - could someone tell me what time does he come on stage at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Going to Vicar Street tomorrow night - could someone tell me what time does he come on stage at?

8:30 - runs till 9:30, 15 min break, then on to about 10:45

• Advertisement
Advertisement