Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV 6 mths old problem

Options
  • 04-01-2010 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi Folks, bought a Grundig Tv in Argos about 6 months ago. Have the book and everything but cant find the receipt. Over Christmas the screen wont flick on, you can hear the sound etc. but no screen. Any advice on a cheap/free way to get it fixed?? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if you paid by credit card then you could try showing them that bill

then talk to the credit card company as it's they who bought the TV , this is a reason why you should buy large electronic purchases with credit cards rather than cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bluebubbles

then talk to the credit card company as it's they who bought the TV , this is a reason why you should buy large electronic purchases with credit cards rather than cash

Thanks Op, had thought of this but wasnt sure it would get me very far.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

I have a similar issue with a philips LCD bought 3 years ago. For about a year the same happens to me in that it could take 10 ttempts to turn it on and off before the picture comes up but I can always hear the audio. I didn't do anything about it because I assumed it would be out of warranty.

I've started powering it off completly at night every night to see if that maeks a difference and I think it might.

Advertisement