Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IS FOLKSY THE NEW ETSY

Options
  • 04-01-2010 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hello there, I'm an artist with a website on Etsy and I've just discovered a site called Folksy, with runs in a similar way to Etsy however Folksy is not as polished in a glossy magazine way, its in its infancy. I find being on Etsy great but I feel drowned into the universe by thousands of other makers. I was thinking of giving it a go with Folky as it seems more uk based. Is this something you've considered yourself, are have done, what's your thoughts?

Thanks, Alison
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 aibby

Hey, thanks for that link. I agree with you about etsy. There are so many sellers out there. Its easy to get lost. I make bags myself I was thiniking of joining etsy, but was worried about the same thing. I will definately have a go with this one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Gin Promotions

Thanks aibby for responding, keep me posted I'm thinking of doing the same thing. My etsy address is http://www.etsy.com/shop/alisonmccann if you'd like to see what I'm at. I'm thinking that alot of trade circulates around America and trade is a bit reluctant to buy from makers over here because of postage, I could be wrong, I'm also coming across alot of produce selling cheaply, I can't afford to drop my prices or I'd be working for nothing.
    It's a bit of a catch 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 heatherstreasur

Don't know too much about Folksy, but I've joined a different uk based site Misi. Maybe worth your while checking it out too.

My shop on misi is
    www.heatherstreasures.misi.co.uk

If you are interested.

H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cailin Amhain

Thanks for the links ladies, I love Etsy but as a buyer I feel a bit overwhelmed by the choice too. I often use the 'shop local' link to find Irish sellers or read the Etsy Ireland blog for hints. best of luck with your shops! Will definitely check out Folksy and Misi now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mis_max

Hi,

Just wondered how you are getting on with misi and folksy? I just opened a shop on misi.

http://www.misi.co.uk/handmade/hattyhats.html

I have been looking at etsy for weeks but I find it often doesn't load properly for me and when it does it is just so crowded so I was delighted to find these alternatives.

This type of selling is all new for me so I will see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 heatherstreasur

Hi Mis_Max,

Not much success so far. Lots of people have put my items on their wish lists but its not translating into sales. Quite frustrating at the moment!

Heather
    www.heatherstreasures.misi.co.uk

Advertisement