Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom-the worst phone company in the world!

Options
  • 04-01-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Sorry I am about to rant here but just been left on hold with Smart for about 20 minutes only to be put at the end of the phone queue again. We regularly have to contact them due to missing channels, channels sticking, Smart service guys coming out and doing more damage rather than fixing anything and then disappearing for the weekend!

Our apartment block seemed to have got into a contract with them before we bought it, so we are stuck with this shower for now. The management company are looking into getting a communal sky dish but are runnning into problems over who will look after the dish.

Anyone else have problems with Smart and their rubbish customer service?:mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Nope. Always got my problems sorted quick, never on hold for long.

You sure your not with NTL ?

Theres a smart telecom forum on there site.

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

You are either very lucky or you work for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I've been with them from day one (Broadband & phone. and no, I don't work for them).

I've found them great to be honest, but having said that, I only ever needed to contact them once by phone & that was before the shakeup.

Any minor issues were always sorted on their Forum.

I believe that their phone support has gone out the window of late but haven't had to test it so far.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

Its the TV side of things that are a disaster, no probs with phone or broadband. We have had nothing but problems with them since we moved in nearly two years ago as do the other apartments here.

I was very frustrated yesterday when I tried to call them over missing channels. Being told I was caller number 5 for about 10 minuted for it to finally move to 1 then for it to go back to caller number 5-maddening!! :mad:

I never did get to speak to them so decided to vent my anger here instead-sorry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Well, they are part of digiweb now, so perhaps things will improve (or not)

• Advertisement
Advertisement