Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial Mobile App Developers?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else on boards.ie is currently employed or self employed and working on commercial applications for mobile devices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Or anybody that works on your own private projects on mobile apps, particulary in Symbian or Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

starting to get going on android, literally 2 days ago. been meaning to go down the iphone and android route for awhile. Recommend any good resources? Think I'm gonna be blogging away while I do it so will do a shameless plug when I get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Skud wrote: »
    starting to get going on android, literally 2 days ago. been meaning to go down the iphone and android route for awhile. Recommend any good resources? Think I'm gonna be blogging away while I do it so will do a shameless plug when I get going.

Yeh get the blog up, I'd love to follow it

I use anddev.org a bit, its a bit limiting so it is but there is some good info hidden in there, otherwise I just use the Android developers documentation and google to figure out what I need.

It can be very frustrating working with Android, one thing I tried to do recently looked impossible, with no one knowing how to do it and no info on it and when I finally found out how to do it, it turned out to be just 4 simple lines of code.

But ultimately I find it very rewarding and enjoy working on it.

The best book I've come across so far is Wireless Application Development by Shane Condor but I have a Wrox book on it as well that has some nice info in it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Not dev work, but i've been building up my UI design portfolio of mobile apps. (you can see what i've done so far here http://www.multiblah.com/portfolio/mobile_apps.php)
    I looked into iPhone stuff and didn't see much activity in ireland publically.

Just started some contract work in sweden now though doing work with on Android phones SonyEricsson.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭anton

Working on http://pavo.me at the moment, j2me + some server side stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

I need someone to write a program for iPhone or Symbian or Android phones which will send/receive data through bluetooth? Not much data processing involved. Its probably a piece of p**s to some of ye guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Yeager101

www.mercurygirlinc.com doing iPhone, Android and AR

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've re-written a couple of web based UIs for mobiles a few years ago, and just starting a project to write an iPhone skin for our product's mobile interface. I've not done any native application development though.

Advertisement