Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No mains water!! :(

Options
  • 04-01-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else in Longford area is without water? I live in Newtownforbes and on a housing estate and my mains water has gone for the second time (went over Christmas for a couple of days). Its now been off since very early Saturday morning. Neighbours have no problems. The council seems to have been turning off water and I guess I've got ice pockets.... :S

I've phoned the council and they are supposed to be getting back to me... Not fun at all. I've tried all the normal steps, left a fan heater blowing at the area where the pipe comes into my house, threw about 25 litres of water around the immediate area. Nothing. I get no noise and not even a drip. Checked the stopcock on the pavement, there is a water meter which is not moving, there is no sound at all.

I'm desperate, will run out of water in tank today.............

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dollydimples82

i work in newtownforbes and have seen no problem with water supply, i have heard of some homes that have had fozen water pipes and some homes have been flooded as a result. i know in parts of longford town the council are turning the water off at night to reserve water as levels are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I am in the same boat but I am in Rochfortbridge in Westmeath.

Council claim people fecked off for Christmas and left their taps on. I have also heard some people leave them running when it is very cold so their pipes do not freeze. Madness.

Advertisement