Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone put in cream windows?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

As the title says, has anyone put in cream windows, I am thinking of putting in cream alu-clad windows, I would be interested to know if anyone has put this colour in and what the pros and cons would be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭YourAverageJoe

There are different types of cream but we put in 'ivory', which to me is cream, alu-clad windows. Looks great in my opinion with the cream sandstone on the front of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mark2003

We are putting in cream pvc wood affect windows.Make sure ye go to see a house that have the extact windows ye are getting because there is a big difference in some kinds of cream windows.Its also depends in what colour of house ye go for to suit the windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭scanner1

There are different types of cream but we put in 'ivory', which to me is cream, alu-clad windows. Looks great in my opinion with the cream sandstone on the front of the house.
    mark2003 wrote: »
    We are putting in cream pvc wood affect windows.Make sure ye go to see a house that have the extact windows ye are getting because there is a big difference in some kinds of cream windows.Its also depends in what colour of house ye go for to suit the windows.

Thanks lads, I am just wondering what it would look like with a normal render finish, does it cut down your options of colours for painting

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Hi Your average joe

Any chance of a photo of how yours turned out? Am planning the same, cream aluclad with sandstone and ordinary render.

Cheers!

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wonky Knees

Yes and a disaster - the cat came and licked them all away.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Yes and a disaster - the cat came and licked them all away.:D
    easy now, there's a danger we could crack a smile....

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi,
    I am getting them in from a supplier in the west. They are Ivory in colour to almost off white.

Pros:
    They are exactly the colour we are looking for.

Cons:
    Watch out for the hinges, they may not be the same colour and as our are triple glazed it means alot more hinges of different colour.
    Watch out for the inside colour. It may be white and not the outside colour.
    It is hard to match everything to this colour both outside and inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭scanner1

Hi,
    I am getting them in from a supplier in the west. They are Ivory in colour to almost off white.

Pros:
    They are exactly the colour we are looking for.

Cons:
    Watch out for the hinges, they may not be the same colour and as our are triple glazed it means alot more hinges of different colour.
    Watch out for the inside colour. It may be white and not the outside colour.
    It is hard to match everything to this colour both outside and inside.

Cheers Homeward Bound, Mine will be Scandinavian Pine in the inside with the option of having them painted any RAL colour or treated or leaving them plain, this is what I am now mulling over what goes in each room. Possibly leave them plain with the option of future painting if needs be(I know never as nice as factory painted solution). Also I think I will be having the brushed aluminium chrome handles and hinges, this goes well with the cream window color I think.

Advertisement