Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant on CFL Bulbs

Options
  • 03-01-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Hi,

I am looking to replace bulbs in my house with CFL bulbs. However the issue that I have with these bulbs is that they take a while to reach full lght.

Are there any CFL bulbs out there that are almost instant on?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

'Warm-up' time should have improved with most cfl.i'm not familiar with the specs on them.
    If you need fast 'warm-up' and 'short-on' times for some lites,incandescent may be as good .
    Led have the advantage over cfl for 'warm-up' and 'short-on' times(bulb-life unaffected afaik)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

I got some osram cfl lamps about 2 years ago that lit instantly, edmundson's on ballyboggan rd had them.
    I never got them again for 2 reasons, I stopped using edmundsons and they were 10 euro each.
    Try explaining to a builder that you're increasing your prices by a tenner a point because you're using these really great lightbulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

sylvania do a range of instant fire bulbs have used quite a few of them and are excellent. they are more expensive tho

Advertisement