Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a network with a mobile broadband connection.

Options
  • 03-01-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if it is possible to create a home network using a PC and a laptop with one mobile broadband modem (Its a vodafone Huawei, E220 HSDPA USB modem) I have a few routers lying around.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Yup. At the minimum you need a cross over cable. Anymore workstations then that you will need a switch.

You will also have to setup which ever machine has the modem to allow internet sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

I have one PC acting as router, has the E160 plugged in to the usb port, my Ethernet connection is connected in to my old netopia wireless router (from eircom) and internet connection sharing enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Thanks guys, got it working after alright, with interweb sharing. Actually doing it wirelessly now.

Anyone get theyre mobile broadbands working on windows 7?

Advertisement