Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good riding stables

Options
  • 03-01-2010 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

hi
    I have not been riding for a few years and want to get back to it. I live in the dublin area and have previously had been to ashtown , pellestown and thorton park.

I am a bit nervous just need a few lessons to get back in my stride. Thanks for all the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

Check out www.airc.ie (Association of Irish Riding Clubs) There is a list of Riding Clubs of which many are linked to Riding schools. You should find a suitable good riding establishment there. AIRC is about having fun more so than being competitive.
    Have a look and I hope you enjoy getting back into horse riding.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Have you tried taking a look at the 'contact details' thread? There may be some yards there that suit you.

The best thing I would recommend is that you ring around/visit some of the yards you were thinking about, and have a chat to the people there. That way you can get a better feel for the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Kilronan Equestrian Centre is out by the airport if you're near there. I like it and it's €28 for an adult lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

thanks for your help will let yoknow how i got on when i was younger i was fearless know i would be bricking it on a shetland haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15 thegoodoutdoors

animan wrote: »
    Kilronan Equestrian Centre is out by the airport if you're near there. I like it and it's €28 for an adult lesson.
    Can you get to kilronan by bus?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have my horse up in Thornton and find the lessons excellent, another option is to go to Annaharvey Farm for a couple of lessons together. I had one lesson on a Horse and went down there out on the hack they have and found it really good, safe too (as safe as horses can be)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Can you get to kilronan by bus?

Yeah, you can get the 41 anyway, and there might be a few more.

Advertisement