Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very small tattoo?

Options
  • 03-01-2010 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I want a small Christian fish symbol on my wrist. (The part of my wrist on the outside i.e not the side with my palm)
    It would be 12mm x 5mm and the lines about 2.5 to 3 mm in thickness.
    Very simple.

So I'm wondering many things;

1. Do you think that's too small? As in, will it not be able to be done?
    2. If it can be done, how much do you think it will be? I know some places have a minimum charge, but it's tiny, so I'm hoping not to spend a fortune on it.
    3. If it can be done again, where would you recommend?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

WillSmith wrote: »
    I want a small Christian fish symbol on my wrist. (The part of my wrist on the outside i.e not the side with my palm)
    It would be 12mm x 5mm and the lines about 2.5 to 3 mm in thickness.
    Very simple.

So I'm wondering many things;

1. Do you think that's too small? As in, will it not be able to be done?
    2. If it can be done, how much do you think it will be? I know some places have a minimum charge, but it's tiny, so I'm hoping not to spend a fortune on it.
    3. If it can be done again, where would you recommend?

Thank you.

It more or less can be done,itll all depend on how big ur wrist is,everywhere does have different minimum charges,where to get it done would also depend on where you live,if you live near town there are a number of places like wildcat in stephens green,connected tattoos in temple bar,zulu along the keys and ink well next to voodoo lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If its 5 mm and your lines are 2.5 - 3 mm, then the lines are either gonna meet in the middle, totally closing it in, or overlap...

Methinks you might need to go a bit bigger...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 WillSmith

littleman wrote: »
    It more or less can be done,itll all depend on how big ur wrist is,everywhere does have different minimum charges,where to get it done would also depend on where you live,if you live near town there are a number of places like wildcat in stephens green,connected tattoos in temple bar,zulu along the keys and ink well next to voodoo lounge.

Thank you :D

I have a tiny wrist, if that makes it a problem.

Do you know how much the minimum charges usually are?

If its 5 mm and your lines are 2.5 - 3 mm, then the lines are either gonna meet in the middle, totally closing it in, or overlap...

Methinks you might need to go a bit bigger...

It's supposed to over lap.

I've been drawing this image on my wrist for a long time, and I just measured the measurements of the drawing for this thread, so I presume the measurements will work if they do on my drawing.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

Thank you :D

I have a tiny wrist, if that makes it a problem.

Do you know how much the minimum charges usually are?

Wildcat as fas as i can remember is 80euro,i dont no bout anywhere else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

what works using a pen will not work for tattooing unfortunately.

Will wrote: »
    what works using a pen will not work for tattooing unfortunately.

So I actually can't get churchyear9.gif tattooed very small?

Out of curiosity, why is drawing with a pen different to a needle? Excluding the obvious of course :)

littleman wrote: »
    Wildcat as fas as i can remember is 80euro,i dont no bout anywhere else

Thank you.

So I actually can't get churchyear9.gif tattooed very small?

Out of curiosity, why is drawing with a pen different to a needle? Excluding the obvious of course :)

That image is not as you'd described, if the height was 5mm, and the lines 2.5mm thick, 2.5 + 2.5 = 5, so there would be no white space in the middle. So something badly wrong with your calculations!

That image is not as you'd described, if the height was 5mm, and the lines 2.5mm thick, 2.5 + 2.5 = 5, so there would be no white space in the middle. So something badly wrong with your calculations!

Ah yes, thank you for pointing that out.

1mm - 1.5mm

Very worrying that I can't read a ruler right haha.

Does that make a difference to whether or not it can be done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I have a friend who has that symbol tattooed beside his eye and it is really small. I'd say it could be done fairly small.

Ah yes, thank you for pointing that out.

1mm - 1.5mm

Very worrying that I can't read a ruler right haha.

Does that make a difference to whether or not it can be done?

That should be do-able, but just remember the smaller you go, the more noticable it will be if you encounter any blurring/ink bleeding over time

Advertisement