Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Alum Boards Beers

Options
  • 03-01-2010 5:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭

Daithi's coming to Trinity!
    1107431541.jpg

Hear ye, hear ye!

Myself and one Agent Smith were recently reminiscing about the old days. The days of Date Crash Project; the days when SU candidates sent everyone emails via Student Finder; when this woman would help you out with condoms; when Nietzschean was the tyrannical (:pac:) mod; when DURNS was called still DURNS and when Kate Moss sang at the Trinity Ball.

If any of the above makes sense to you, you have probably at this stage moved on in your life. The sort of people I'm talking about here, off the top of my head, are: Agent Smith, Crash, Ronny Mitchell, Stargal, Andrew_83, europerson, b.ie curious, Boston, xebec, Awayindahills, Shay_562, ilovemybrick, ApeXaviour, Nietzschean, Snorlax, cuckoo, kearnsr, John, Pet, Donal, Bartley.

After drunken texts from Stargal tonight, it has been decided that a nostalgia tour is in order. Basically, a few drinks for the grown-ups. (I guess we'll invite the kids along for a 7-Up, if they want.)

Who's in? :)

What day is good for you? 13 votes

During the week sometime
    0%
    A Friday
    30%
    AwayindahilsTime MagazineApeXaviour[Deleted User] 4 votes
    A Saturday
    38%
    AwayindahilsTime MagazineApeXavioursnorlaxJoseph 5 votes
    Joe O'Gorman
    30%
    AwayindahilsTime MagazineApeXavioursnorlax 4 votes

Comments

A Friday
    G'wan. I can annoy cuckoo to come along too.

So, eh, is Daithí (xeducat) actually coming or did you just add his picture in for no reason?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Give me a shout and I'll stick up an announcement if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Joe O'Gorman
    When? And any chance of having it before 10th of January? As I go back to Germany then.

I found my wig from the boards awards of 2006 yesterday. Oh the memories.

Or March as whole is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

[
    Hear ye, hear ye!

Myself and one Agent Smith were recently reminiscing about the old days. The days of Date Crash Project; the days when SU candidates sent everyone emails via Student Finder; when this woman would help you out with condoms; when Nietzschean was the tyrannical (:pac:) mod; when DURNS was called still DURNS and when Kate Moss sang at the Trinity Ball.

If any of the above makes sense to you, you have probably at this stage moved on in your life. The sort of people I'm talking about here, off the top of my head, are: Agent Smith, Crash, Ronny Mitchell, Stargal, Andrew_83, europerson, b.ie curious, Boston, xebec, Awayindahills, Shay_562, ilovemybrick, ApeXaviour, Nietzschean, Snorlax, cuckoo, kearnsr, John, Pet, Donal, Bartley.

After drunken texts from Stargal tonight, it has been decided that a nostalgia tour is in order. Basically, a few drinks for the grown-ups. (I guess we'll invite the kids along for a 7-Up, if they want.)

Who's in? :)

God be with them days... when there were bloody fights outside the hamilton, joyriders crashing through fences on campus, tramps getting BJ's in front of the physics building and people pulling down flagpoles outside the Pav... I miss that place....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'm Agent Smith and I support this message.

(also, before the 15th please, I'm off to the states for 3 weeks then)

• Advertisement

Joe O'Gorman
    Thursday 8th or Friday 9th?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Joe O'Gorman
    Dónal wrote: »
    So, eh, is Daithí (xeducat) actually coming or did you just add his picture in for no reason?
    Piranha joke of old :). I doubt he'll come, but he's most invited.
    Thursday 8th or Friday 9th?

Mebbe short notice, but we'll try :). Get Niall and Kieran to come.

Joe O'Gorman
    Piranha joke of old :). I doubt he'll come, but he's most invited.

Mebbe short notice, but we'll try :). Get Niall and Kieran to come.

Just realised I got the dates for those days wrong, and it was worth a shot- Niall shouldnt be a bother to bring along, Kurtis might be a bit tougher. But if i am here i will do my best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Gulp. How did that picture get there? I'm back in snowy Norfolk (where I now work) for the new 'semester', so you won't be seeing me, but good luck :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'll speak to kearnsr and see if he is around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I don't actually like any of you people. I'm sorry if gave the impression that I did. Especially not ibid. She's such a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

http://www.stephanie-obrien.com/

Funniest thing online in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Lovely idea, Angry_Banana. I'm on for it. Given the total pointlessness of the poll, I'm going to suggest that we have it on a Wednesday or Thursday. Either next week (13th or 14th) or the week after (20th or 21st).*

Yay for nostalgia!

*Sorry hils, I know yo'ure going to be gone by then but I don't think there's enough time to organise it for this week. You guys could have a mini beers though?

Joe O'Gorman
    Stargal wrote: »

*Sorry hils, I know yo'ure going to be gone by then but I don't think there's enough time to organise it for this week. You guys could have a mini beers though?

No Jonathon keeps saying we can have beers when i home and then making them the week after. :rolleyes::D

Its alright I suppose. I've managed to badger Crash and Ronny into drinking with me tomorrow night. If anyone is free we will be in McTurcaills from 6.30 or so onwards.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

No Jonathon keeps saying we can have beers when i home and then making them the week after. :rolleyes::D
    We never had those christmas beers, so only the first bit of that statement is correct. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Jonathan wrote: »
    We never had those christmas beers, so only the first bit of that statement is correct. :P

So basically we are due a beers? In the first week of term? Fantastic.....sort it out Jonathan.

Lovely idea, Angry_Banana. I'm on for it. Given the total pointlessness of the poll, I'm going to suggest that we have it on a Wednesday or Thursday. Either next week (13th or 14th) or the week after (20th or 21st).*

Yay for nostalgia!

Would you be suggesting that Joe O'Gorman is pointless?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Joe O'Gorman

Its alright I suppose. I've managed to badger Crash and Ronny into drinking with me tomorrow night. If anyone is free we will be in McTurcaills from 6.30 or so onwards.
    What's this now? No alcohol pour moi but I might banter along to make up numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Nonsense. Everyone knows the "Joe O'Gorman" was that duffer of a games console back in the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

So tomorrow (Wednesday 6th) it is then? Ibid, what say you? I won't know if I'll be able to make it until the afternoon, but should hopefully be there.
    I'm suggesting that your face is pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Nonsense. Everyone knows the "Joe O'Gorman" was that duffer of a games console back in the 90s.

80s actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Well, I have no problem in ye having a beers next week or after, but my attendance then would be weekend only (if that), as I am off west once more from this Saturday onwards.

But as mentioned anyway, tomorrow is a fine option.

Joe O'Gorman
    Tomorrow!!! Well today! (Group text anyone?)

{May have drunk a bottle of rum}

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Loved the text.

Cant do today.

I'm suggesting that your face is pointless.

You know the five lamps?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Wont be around to day. Mid week is a bit dodge with me these days

Joe O'Gorman
    Okay it seems there are a few people who are up for today and a few people who are up for sometime next week or whenever.

So let's have two. One tonight, and one sometime next week.

On account of every drink there being half-price for this week only, we will be drinking in The Long Stone from 8PM TONIGHT. Open invite to the TCD Boardsies, so please pass this on to crash and snorlax and all the others if you have their number. Also please post on this thread if you intend to come tonight, and PM me for my number if you need help or directions etc.

Joe O'Gorman
    I won't know if I'll be able to make it until the afternoon, but should hopefully be there.

PS I read this as "I won't be able to make it until the afternoon."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Thanks for waking me up at half two. I really appreciated it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement