Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jake Shields not in UFC, why?

Options
  • 02-01-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Surely hes good enough for the UFC.

Any reason he doesn't / hasn't fought or been asket to fight on any of their cards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Surely hes good enough for the UFC.

Any reason he doesn't / hasn't fought or been asket to fight on any of their cards?

Probably for the same reason Fraidor didn't sign wit UFC, more money to be had fighting cans elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

scudzilla wrote: »
    Probably for the same reason Fraidor didn't sign wit UFC, more money to be had fighting cans elsewhere

Lol. Two former ufc heavyweight champs are suddenly cans? Sheilds possibly hasn't been offered any fights by the UFC as he's perceived as being boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Richie_Gorey

Shields is a strikforce champ. He's obviously talented enough to compete in the ufc. But he's a defending champion in a great organisation. The ufc isn't the premier division of the mma league.

The SF HW cans are better than the UFC HW cans. I doubt fraidor is afraid of losing or competing. You haven't a clue of anything. I'm sick of reading this kind of bullshiite over and over again. Jeesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

jason Miller, Robbie Lawlor and Paul Daley last 3 fights. Not the easiest opposition though the first two may be arguably past their best

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Kazooie wrote: »
    Lol. Two former ufc heavyweight champs are suddenly cans?

What do you mean suddenly? This has been an internet talking point for ages and ages. There is a strong case for both to be considered cans at this stage.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    What do you mean suddenly? This has been an internet talking point for ages and ages. There is a strong case for both to be considered cans at this stage.

Good point, I'll say it another way. At the time he fought them they were not considered cans. They were both expected at the time to put it up to him. He destroyed them both easily.

Good point, I'll say it another way. At the time he fought them they were not considered cans.

Just boring, very boring :eek:

Great post. I was merely responding to somone having a dig at Fedor in a thread about Jake bloody Sheilds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bodysmart

Shields is likely to fight Hendo next - not exactly a can!

• Advertisement

Bodysmart wrote: »
    Shields is likely to fight Hendo next - not exactly a can!

Let's wait and see. A year or so out of the ufc and a couple of loses later makes you a can. Apparently.

Let's wait and see. A year or so out of the ufc and a couple of loses later makes you a can. Apparently.

No getting knocked out in seconds by Ray Mercer and losing to the bully on Bully Beatdown makes you a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

No getting knocked out in seconds by Ray Mercer and losing to the bully on Bully Beatdown makes you a can.

Wait....... who lost to a bully on Bully Beatdown?

This sounds like fun :)

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wait....... who lost to a bully on Bully Beatdown?

This sounds like fun :)

Andre, it never aired

Andre, it never aired

WHAT????

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

That is amazing! Hahahahaha!

So what were the details? He got KO'd? Or just held? What happened?

I love it!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    WHAT????

That is amazing! Hahahahaha!

So what were the details? He got KO'd? Or just held? What happened?

I love it!

Dave Meltzer said in passing he got ko'd I thought it got more play on the internet but searching google it looks like it didnt.

*Fozzy or someone please help*

Dave Meltzer said in passing he got ko'd I thought it got more play on the internet but searching google it looks like it didnt.

*Fozzy or someone please help*

Wasn't it Timmy that got ko'd in that one??? I'm pretty sure it was

Either way it's hilarious!

There must be something about it. Im guessing if some bully KO'd Tim or AA he's be all over the interweb bragging about it!

• Advertisement

Wasn't it Timmy that got ko'd in that one??? I'm pretty sure it was

I really do think it was Andre as I remember my reaction being poor guy :( instead of lol timmah.

I really do think it was Andre as I remember my reaction being poor guy :( instead of lol timmah.

I'm gettin mixed up with the Mercer fight, never heard of this Bully Beatdown

Advertisement