Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller

Options
  • 02-01-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I was thinking of gettin a controller to use with my laptop and Virtual DJ,

Either the Numark Total Control or the Hercules DJ Console Mk2.

Anyone know which one is better? I was thinking the Total Control.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

havnt seen either in the flesh but the numark gets pretty bad reviews from what iv read. i dont think either of them have a soundcard so that will make things annoying.

i use a herc mark3 and its grand for messing around at home/ occasional house party. its simple to use without lacking any important features and durable.

but what i really want is this: http://www.vestax.com/v/products/players/vci100.html

herc products are made esp for VDJ by the whey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

TBH I wouldn't get either. I'd save up a bit longer and get something a bit more professional. Check out Zascar's thread about MIDI controllers, loads of information there.

In order of preference, here's what I'd recommend.

Allen & Heath Xone: 4D (if money was no option)
    Allen & Heath Xone: DX (same)
    Traktor Kontrol X1 & a mixer (I've ordered the Kontrol X1)
    Vestax VCI-100
    Evolution Uc33e & a mixer (what I was going to go for before the X1 was announced)
    M-Audio Xponant
    MIDI keyboard like a Behringer UMX-25 & a mixer

With everything I'd definitely advise using Traktor, Virtual DJ is more or less a toy compared to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

but tractor makes your mp3s deteriorate in quality!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

xdeletiax wrote: »
    but tractor makes your mp3s deteriorate in quality!!

True, I wouldn't drive over my hard-drive in a tractor. Probably wouldn't do it any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i had the numark before. the hercules is better, imo. the latency is better, but the overall box is better. i just never really liked the numark. since i started using the hercules i enjoyed playing with it more then the numark. but its still the bare minimum if you're thinking tehnically.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Vestax TR1 is worth considering too

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mau5

Cheers for the info, I only want something cheap that will make virtual DJ more of a challange, the auto looping and beatmatching on it makes need very little skill to use!

I Have cdjs too but I wanted something cheap that I could use for small partys and things like that to save me having to bring the cdjs and my mixer around.

Advertisement