Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time tattoo advice :-)

Options
  • 02-01-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on getting my very first tattoo soon. I'm planning on starting with a little nautical star on my wrist or inner arm and I have some questions :-)

1) Where is a good place to go in Dublin?

2) How much would it cost? Its only going to be small with black and blue.

3) Are tattoos painful? Whats the healing process like?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 lolwut

Well some places have a base charge for a tattoo then after that its per hour and the price can vary depending on how technical the design of the tattoo is and the materials used

As for it hurting, it can vary to person to person. If you go into thinking "oh god this is going to hurt much" its probably going to hurt more. It really depends on where you get it. Getting in on a bone like on the ribs can hurt a good bit I've heard, I've gotten tats on my forearm and calf and in my experience the calf hurts more. But some people might say that they don't hurt at all and some people might say they hurt allot. But even then, It's only a few hours of pain for something thats totaly worth it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

As far as I know, Snakebite or Wildcat would be two of the best in Dublin for tattoo's.

I've also heard that the wrist is a painful place to get a tattoo, but I don't have one there, so wouldnt personally know. As was said already, it vary's from person to person really.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 little.rose

sitstill wrote: »
    I'm planning on getting my very first tattoo soon. I'm planning on starting with a little nautical star on my wrist or inner arm and I have some questions :-)

1) Where is a good place to go in Dublin?

2) How much would it cost? Its only going to be small with black and blue.

3) Are tattoos painful? Whats the healing process like?

Thanks

hi there, I can only help you with question 3.. I just got my first tattoo. I took arnica tablets (homeopathic little tweeny tabs) for a week beforehand because they help with healing.. i didn't have swelling, scabs, or any problems at all. Infact it healed up super quick. On the pain side of things, I took Ibuprofen (sp??) but I think I wud take solpadine for the next one, I think anything without aspirin is best, because asprin makes you bleed more. To be honest its all fine really, I just breathed out as the needle was being moved along.. its a thrill!! the adrenaline kicks in and you be happy out:) good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

hi there, I can only help you with question 3.. I just got my first tattoo. I took arnica tablets (homeopathic little tweeny tabs) for a week beforehand because they help with healing.. i didn't have swelling, scabs, or any problems at all. Infact it healed up super quick. On the pain side of things, I took Ibuprofen (sp??) but I think I wud take solpadine for the next one, I think anything without aspirin is best, because asprin makes you bleed more. To be honest its all fine really, I just breathed out as the needle was being moved along.. its a thrill!! the adrenaline kicks in and you be happy out:) good luck!

Ive never takin any tablets for a tattoo,its like a normal scab cuase your getting ur skin poked wit 7or8 needles so its an open wound that is just healing like you would scap ur skin,so i wouldnt advise takin anything and just breath through any pain that you might feel

• Registered Users Posts: 39 little.rose

i know :( me be scared of the pain though .. to be honest you are right.. breathing out was better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

i know :( me be scared of the pain though .. to be honest you are right.. breathing out was better

its the only way of getthing through a tattoo or suck on a lolly to distract u from it aswell

Advertisement