Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumpstyle clubs/classes in City Centre...?

Options
  • 02-01-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi. Got advised to post here from the Dublin region forum.

In there I was wondering is there any clubs that only do jumpstyle ( I know thats not phrased right) or any dance classes in the city centre that teach it?

Also if anyone in the Dublin area is interested in this would they get in touch with me via PM and we can try find somewhere/something to do.

Thanks for the help,
    Glen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Try e-mailing Scooter's PR manager, he might be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Sorry not trying to be funny but how would he know?

I know it may seem like it but Scooter are not a jumpstyle band.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I don't think you are going to find any of it in Dublin right now.

Maybe start your own if there is enough people out there too that like it and would join you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

That's what I plan and would love to do but it's about finding support and other problems may occur but I'd be willing to take the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

If I ever seen someone dance like that beside me Id just walk away laughing, it looks completely ridiculous and I for one would love if that sort of thing was left to the playground or even better left to the back streets of Bradford.

Good Luck with it tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

I lived in Germany near the border with Belguim & Netherlands and thought it was pretty cool to see jumpstyle kids having fun dancing in alleyways/train stations/ streets etc.. went to some clubs and after about 2am they started banging out some hardstlyle etc. and everyone was jumping along to it, we were in stiches but to them it's probably uber cool, like imagine how people laughed in harlem in the 70's when b-boys were spinning on their heads.. not saying jumpstyle will become as 'cool' as breakdancing but it's interesting that a european youth subculture has developed their own style of dance

I say go for it and create a jumpstyle crew in Dublin... I've seen them in Cologne, Maastricht, Brussels, Paris, Madrid and Melbourne (Melbourne shuffle but looks similar)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OP start a blog, something like "jumpstype-ireland" on www.wordpress.com and i'm sure you'll find a few followers. Arrange a weekly meeting outside central bank or something! I'd say it might take off!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yellowfrog

im 14 and love jumpstyle. let me know if you find somewhere that teaches it i would join. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 conscriptedjam

Anyone willing to teach me melbourne shuffle Dublin City Centre ( Towwwwwwn to me & You ). Need a lot of help am only at the basic stage. pm me to swap details etc....

Anyone willing to teach me melbourne shuffle Dublin City Centre ( Towwwwwwn to me & You ). Need a lot of help am only at the basic stage. pm me to swap details etc....

• Advertisement

yellowfrog wrote: »
    im 14 and love jumpstyle. let me know if you find somewhere that teaches it i would join. :)

alrii yellowfrog - did you get anywhere yet, do you know of anywhere to learn shuffle ???? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Advertisement