Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godaddy, Host Gator and Wordpress problem

Options
  • 01-01-2010 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this. I'm trying to set me up a site using Wordpress and I've followed two identical video tutorials on setting up Wordpress using Fantastico via Hostgator. At the end of these, going to domainname.com/wp-admin takes the user to a Wordpress login screen but I just get a page full of Godaddy.com ads, no sign of anything Wordpress. I'm sure it's only something teeny I'm doing wrong, although I am following the tutorials verbatim.
    Any help greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm happy to leave the thread open for high level discussion on the install, but for anything host specific I will have to ask you to contact your hosting providers helpdesk as we do not allow host specific discussion here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kzky321

Hey Aidan, k I've done that and waiting on a reply so feel free to close if you like.
    Sorry :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Whats the domain?

Did you check to make sure wordpress is installed properly first off before trying to go to the admin area?

Advertisement