Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians wanted for ballad group

Options
  • 01-01-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

My name is Darren. I'm interested in starting a ballad group to play in pubs. The group would play old Irish songs (The Dubliners, Christy Moore, The Fureys etc).

I can sing and play guitar so I'm looking for a tin whistle/flute player, a banjo player, and a fiddle player and probably another singer.

I'm based about 20 mins from Dublin.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 balladeer11

Hi Darren
    My name is Pat and i am interested in meeting up or phoning you to organise a Trad/ Ballad Band to play Dubliners, Fureys, Christy Moore and the Dublin City Ramblers Music. I was just wondering did you get someone or are you still interested, if your looking for my number i can PM it to you.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

balladeer11: Please note that this threat is over a year and a half old so you may not get a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mixymax

Malice wrote: »
    balladeer11: Please note that this threat is over a year and a half old so you may not get a response.

Threat?
    I didn't think ballad groups were that threatening! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Mixymax wrote: »
    Threat?
    I didn't think ballad groups were that threatening! :D
    Hmm, I haven't made that typo too often before. The 'd' and 't' keys aren't even all that close :o. Just in case it's not clear I meant thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭grymreepor

hello
    i,m down in meath and am trying to start something too. i play guitar banjo harmonica and sing give us a shout if ye don't get sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement