Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new golf society

Options
  • 01-01-2010 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello,
    Fisrt of all forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place as I am new to Boards.ie.
    While the weather is so bad and not much golf being played, I thought I might start something thats been on my mind now for a while,
    I am a Christian and would love to start a Christian Golfing Society, With the intention of arranging a couple of outings a year were fellow Christians and golfers can get together for a game, if anybody would be interested in this I would love to here from you,
    God Bless
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Wrong plaice alrite, but in the spirit of Christianity we fergive you, Try the Christianity forum, Or thiss : http://www.christiangolfsociety.org.uk/. Have sent them on your details and they will be in touch.

Golf Bless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CHRISTIAN GOLF

thank you for that, will check that site out.
    GOD BLESS

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Well you're pretty much guaranteed that nearly everyone here regularly calls out to our lord during a round of golf.

Hi. Yes as do I,
    But is the call after a bad shot for help ?
    or after a good shot giving thanks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

You might slow up play!

• Advertisement

Yes , But i would be very glad to be able to get out for a game these days. even if it was slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'd be interested of your god could clear the frost from the courses...

Sometimes you need a break from swinging clubs so you can work on other parts of your game. I am reading Harvey Penick's, Little Red Golf Book, again, great book

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

I'd prefer to choose a break rather than what we have had to put up with!

Yes so would I, my golf is not that could anyway, so I need to be working on other parts, like the basics of grip , stance etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Sandwich wrote: »
    Wrong plaice alrite

No this is the right place.......we talk about golf and so the post is relevant.

Cheers,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Hi. Yes as do I,
    But is the call after a bad shot for help ?
    or after a good shot giving thanks ?

Tends to be specific to the individual golfer but is usually framed as a question. Many different examples but the general gist is ...

"J***s Ch***t Almighty tonight, what the f**k was that?"

It's not an imploring which usually yields any answers.
    Just for once I'd love to get back a voice saying something like ...

"You're taking her away too far on the inside".

Advertisement