Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod War 2 PISSING ME OFF

Options
  • 01-01-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

EDIT: Sorry for colourful language in the thread title. Tried to amend it there.

First of all, do not read the below if you haven't finished the game.
    I think I'm on the last level. Shepherd's zodiac has just gone into the chopper. But no matter what I do here I die.

If I try to follow, Price takes the shot and brings Shepherd's chopper down and we go over the waterfall. Then I die with a screen saying Shepherd has escaped.

If I do nothing we are brought to the waterfall by the current and Price takes the shot and brings Shepherds chopper down. And we eventually go over the edge. Then I die with a screen saying Shepherd has escaped.

I can't get out of the boat, can't really speed it up, can't slow it down. Price clearly takes the chopper down - as I go over the edge I can see Shepherd's chopper spinning to the ground.

I've tried saving and retrying but I keep being faced with this.

Am I doing something wrong here? Any walkthroughs I just read online say it's pretty much a sit back event. It should all happen by itself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

I clocked that game twice and never had a problem there, but i was talking to my friend about that bit and was saying to him "Whats the point of that bit because you can't reverse in the boat" and he said "You can, just hold B"

Don't know if that will help but try holding b when he tells you to turn the boat around!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

craze7 wrote: »
    I clocked that game twice and never had a problem there, but i was talking to my friend about that bit and was saying to him "Whats the point of that bit because you can't reverse in the boat" and he said "You can, just hold B"

Don't know if that will help but try holding b when he tells you to turn the boat around!

I've tried that :( I've tried accelerating at full speed. I've tried holding brake the entire time.

Every time the same result. We get to a certain point in the waterfall, Price takes the shot. Shepherds chopper starts going down. We then go over the falls around 2 seconds later. You can see Shepherd's chopper about to hit the ground. We hit the water, the screen fills with watery bubbles and a message saying 'Shepherd escaped on the helicopter' appears on screen and I start at the last save point just as Shepherds chopper is taking off from the river.

It's amazing how galling it is when you think you're being hard done by by a game!
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Could be just a glitch. Just restart the level. It wasn't a very taxing last level to be honest, bar the irritating part where you had to go across the open water when the chopper was shooting at you.

"Take Cover"

There's no f'n cover on the open water you gimp!

Ok. Restarted the mission and played through it again. It worked first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

quad_red wrote: »
    Ok. Restarted the mission and played through it again. It worked first time.

lol was reading through your posts and was going to recommend this but glad it's working for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Despite the fact the game is built on 4 year old engine and was given the highest RRP of any game this generation, it still is an utterly broken disastrous collection of code sadly!

Despite the fact the game is built on 4 year old engine and was given the highest RRP of any game this generation, it still is an utterly broken disastrous collection of code sadly!

Bloody hell! That's a bit harsh :p That glitch was irritating but I haven't come across anything else. What have you encountered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

The number of hacks and glitches and patches there has been for 360, PS3 and PC is ridiculous. This was a half finished project on release. I bet IW have a public beta next time. How reviewers could possibly give it 10/10 is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Yeah it was a dissapointment alright. Most mainstream reviewers just go with the hype. The story was awful,especially compared to the first MW story. It's not even a war game anymore,just James Bond style shooter. I would'nt be surprised to see a half naked chick on the cover of the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Realism is gone.
    The SP is about 2 hours long.
    The story is crap.
    The genius of the 1st one (being lead to your death, the nuke) is done every ten minutes in this one. Everyone dies in this yoke, it's a good idea but milked to death now.
    Haven't even bothered turning on the MP to be honest.

4/10 for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Having bothered turning on the multiplayer?

That's the best bit!

silvine: i do know that, but I only go online here and there, borderlands being a big exception. Found it hard to have fun with MW1 online after a while as the freaks took over, cheap tactics, glitches EVERYWHERE, knifing all the time, TKs rampant etc. It wasn't fun, so I'm not arsed yet.

Anyone up for the 2 player co op missions would be fun...

I'm just meh about MP in general in games, much prefer coop games too. Used to be a deathmatch fiend back in the Quake 2 days, an unbeatable one too, and now the younger group are doing the same to me :O eek!

The single player is a big disappointment alright. I dunno what they were smoking but the story is bizarre considering the tone and atmosphere of modern warfare 1. It's also pretty short.

But the multiplayer is class. I allowed live gold expire over a year and a half ago and this has tempted me back. Am addicted for the last week! Mighty stuff .

It's been worth it (for me) for the multiplayer alone.

I might pop on tonight and see how I get on. I dont ever expect to be great, but being killed 30 times by a knife wasn't fun!

I think I'm a hardcore casual gamer lol. I love playing them, but I'm not pushed to unlock anything or particularly great at them. I've 20k achievement points but that's from playing about 1200000 games! :)

Advertisement